Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and lab tour. I interviewed with five other people. The managers showed us around the lab and explained the manufacturing process. As an interviewee you needed to ask questions. Managers decided on candidates based on their questions and professionalism, so just ask good questions and stay positive!

Interview Questions

• The managers would pause every now and then and ask if there were any questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people inside the department and a couple of other depts (HR, legal, etc) and found everyone to be enjoyable and straightforward. An interesting feel as it is a large company and each dept felt independent when they could be but with overlaps that maybe weren't as defined as they could have been

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for several positions at Thermo Fisher and was contacted by different corporate recruiters for openings in two different locations. I declined to pursue one because that recruiter told me up front that they would not help with relocation and that the salary was low. He also made a point of telling me the different locations are distinct silos and there would be little or no opportunity to move from one to another or to work remotely from another location. I did go after the other opening, because although it was not local it was closer and I thought I could overcome the logistical issue. There was a very pleasant phone screen with the 2nd recruiter, followed by a phone interview with two engineers. A few weeks later I was invited to come for a personal interview. This began with a short meeting with their on-site HR representative, who extolled the company's benefits. Next I had to drive a few blocks to another facility, where I met the man who would be my boss and the two engineers who'd previously spoken with me on the phone. It was clear to me, and I think to them, that I would have no problem doing the work described. At the end, I asked if they saw any gaps in my capabilities, or if they had any doubts I might address. They were all smiles, but I never heard anything further.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Logan, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by corporate HR rep located on the East Coast. Good conversation with the HR person and there seemed to be some good overlap with my background. Unfortunately, the conversation I had with the hiring manager (which he rescheduled twice) ended abruptly when I mentioned an affinity for homebrewing. He suggested I apply for a role elsewhere at ThermoFisher "perhaps the California office". After applying for several other positions at the Logan, UT site and hearing nothing at all I'm wondering if it's not a closed shop. From what I understand, the Logan facility is a recent acquisition by Thermo.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2015.

Interview

Short 30 minute preliminary phone interview with HR. What technologies do you know, where do you go to school, GPA, resume, ect. Three-hour interview with 4 members of the engineering team. First two talked about the product and what the team was working on, asked some general questions. Third was more technical, a question about inheritance, one about recursion, one discrete math word problem. Last mostly just answered my questions and asked a lot about what technologies and tools I was familiar with. The entire process was very smooth and efficient, I heard back from them about a week after each interview. It seemed like the engineering team was a lot more focused on seeing if a I would be a good cultural fit and was self-motivated and interested in what the team was working more than if I could answer every technical question correctly.

Interview Questions

• How would you write code to recursively search a tree using DFS?   Answer Question

LSG PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Penn State University, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with campus recruiters during a career fair, and had my first interview the next day, The interview was pretty laid back, both of the recruiters were personable and didn't ask unreasonable questions. After the interview I was set up to do a phone interview with the person who would end up being my manager.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fine. Walked to the interview room for 1-on-1 interview. It was pretty casual and talked about the position. Asked my questions afterwards and got to see if the company was a good fit. Seemed mutual on both ends and felt satisfied with the responses they gave to my questions. The questions they asked weren't too hard. Simple and to the point.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a third party recruiter- they offered me the job, took back the offer then the recruiter TEXTED ME via cellphone not even email, that I was no longer getting the job. Although what's confusing is, they told me they ordered my computer prior to the text? It was really degrading the whole thing. I screen shotted it and wish I could post it for the world to see.

Interview Questions

• Name a time at work you made a decision that made a big impact   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I applied online and the next week received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screening interview. The phone interview was typical. She talked a lot about the company and the position. She asked about my experience and what whether I was looking to leave my job right away or if I could wait. Judging by other reviews I gathered this process could take a while.

Associate Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

three people, one after the other. seemed a bit excessive for a $13/hr position. 300 applicants for 50 open positions. I have a biotech B.S. and I can sell myself. that's why I got in, I believe.

Interview Questions

• questions weren't out of the ordinary. A LOT of experience based questions so make sure you can bring stories of your leadership, teamwork, problem resolution, etc…   Answer Question