Thermo Fisher Scientific

Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2014
Updated Dec 7, 2014

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

1.HR talent Scout contact
    2. Team Lead Phone Interview
    3. Inperson Interview with 2-5 individuals from the Group
     Questions were very basic, nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation. HR said that they would be evaluating the pay at the beginning of the year to bring it up to industry standards... that never happened.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2014.

Took a couple of weeks and had to talk to a lot of people to get it organized. The interview was long, almost half-day, and was rather repetitive

Interview Questions
    • Questions where standard for this position. Some design questions and a few technical / optimization questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2014.

Initial Phone call interview, about 30 minutes. Basic interview questions revolving on where my career was headed, why I wanted to work at TFS. Asked about difficult time working with a co-worker and how I handled in. Favorite Manager and Least Favorite Manager. Was called 24 hours later asking for in person interview.

In person interview was about 3.5 hours long. 4 Different people. Each person was about 45 minutes

First was a Senior Software Engineer. Asked basic coding questions, tested on standard programming knowledge. Asked about general programming interests, past programming projects. Was also given in-depth overview of projects I would be working on.

Second was Senior Quality Manager. Quizzed extensively on Agile Software Development practices, how I handled fixed bugs and going about difficult problems, and how I kept my code up to date. Described difficult coding problems and how I solved them.

Third was Software Development Manager. Asked to go into more detail on previous coding projects, basic coding questions, and another overview of the department.

Fourth was HR rep. A shorter round of basic interview questions (Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why here, what are you looking for in a job, etc).

Next day, was offered position.

Interview Questions
    • I Was quizzed pretty extensively on agile software principals, mostly how to fix things and UI design. Wasn't really expecting that, but none of the questions were so hard that you couldn't wiggle through them.   Answer Question
    Internship, and the initial offer was on the very high end, so there was no negotiation.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

basically just asked how do i think i fit into this role, blah blah blah. do you have any experience operating any of the equipment, do you have a problem with attendance, how many days have you missed at your previous jobs, and are you okay with no over-time. are you okay with being sent home early . (????)

Interview Questions
    i am now gone to due their lack of respect and so forth.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone Interview was a 45 min call.

Marketing Manager Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening interview and the was brought in to headquarters.

Interview Questions
    Yes, but they were firm, I was able to negotiate a sign on bonus in lieu of desired salary.

Product Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2014.

It took about 3 months from the time I filled out the application on-line to get an email from the HR person. I had a phone screen with HR. About 2 weeks later, I was scheduled for an in person interview with supervisors and job shadowing a Product Application Specialist. Met with 2 supervisors and a manager. Everyone appeared to be nice, but I got the feeling that one of the supervisors was agitated or unfriendly which really bothered me all during the interviewing process. The other people I encountered at the site all appeared to be friendly. The Product Application Specialist was very informative and knowledgeable. I was told there was a 3 month training period before going live on the phones. The site was nice and clean and there was parking.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any thing that you'd like to share with me that you couldn't share with the Product Application Specialist Supervisors? All of the questions asked were behavioral questions and a few walk me through your resume questions.   View Answers (3)

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in December 2013.

Phone interview followed by presentation of your work and personal interview, followed by HR interview

What Was the Job Title Or Position? Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Please tell us about the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Please share the most difficult or unexpected question that you were asked in this interview.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in November 2013.

First round interview on campus. More behavioral. ~30 minutes. Second round: They fly you out to their campus and put you up at a hotel. 3 interviews for ~30 minutes each. A lot of questions about leadership and times that you displayed that quality. After the interviews, you got together with a small team, prepared a case study, and then presented it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a passive aggressive co-worker.   Answer Question