Thermo Fisher Scientific

Updated Jan 19, 2015

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2014.

Multiple recruiters call me about the role. Had a phone screen with an internal recruiter then a brief call with the hiring VP. Received feedback that the VP had a candidate in mind for the position but had another position I was an candidate for. Interviewed with about a dozen people on the phone or face to face who provided me a lot of candid information about the IT unit the role was in. Tempered my enthusiasm. Learned that a person who interviewed me and was offered the job. Was asked to apply for the other role. Had to re-interview with the some of the same people I interviewed with for the other job. Was asked detailed low level technical questions that one of the interviewers, the one who got the other job, had the questions and answers on sheets of paper (he thought it was a phone screen and not a face-to-face). Interview was a joke....Good company but IT team in Pittsburgh needs a major overhaul

Interview Questions
    • What is a MEEP and why would you and not buy one   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Multiple interviews over multiple visits. Minimal communication for extended time. Friendly interviews. Usual questions. Heavy on analytics.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about a former employer and marketing methods.   Answer Question

Culture was different than what I was looking for.

Business Applications Intern Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview for 1 hr with 2 hr managers

Interview Questions
    • Everything was about resume and general description about the responsibilities of the intern   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2014.

Applied for a position at one location. Short phone interview by HR was pleasant. Interviewed with the Sales Manager. Was not hired, but the manager like me so he passed my name along to another Sales Manager. After about 3 weeks, I was contacted by him and we met in person with another Sales Rep. Interview lasted about an hour and was very pleasant. Had one last phone call with the Regional Sales VP which was more or less a formality. They extended a job offer about 3 days later

Interview Questions
    • Some of your customers will be very needy. How would you handle a customer that wants all of your time?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

1.HR talent Scout contact
    2. Team Lead Phone Interview
    3. Inperson Interview with 2-5 individuals from the Group
     Questions were very basic, nothing tricky.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation. HR said that they would be evaluating the pay at the beginning of the year to bring it up to industry standards... that never happened.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2014.

Took a couple of weeks and had to talk to a lot of people to get it organized. The interview was long, almost half-day, and was rather repetitive

Interview Questions
    • Questions where standard for this position. Some design questions and a few technical / optimization questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in March 2014.

Initial Phone call interview, about 30 minutes. Basic interview questions revolving on where my career was headed, why I wanted to work at TFS. Asked about difficult time working with a co-worker and how I handled in. Favorite Manager and Least Favorite Manager. Was called 24 hours later asking for in person interview.

In person interview was about 3.5 hours long. 4 Different people. Each person was about 45 minutes

First was a Senior Software Engineer. Asked basic coding questions, tested on standard programming knowledge. Asked about general programming interests, past programming projects. Was also given in-depth overview of projects I would be working on.

Second was Senior Quality Manager. Quizzed extensively on Agile Software Development practices, how I handled fixed bugs and going about difficult problems, and how I kept my code up to date. Described difficult coding problems and how I solved them.

Third was Software Development Manager. Asked to go into more detail on previous coding projects, basic coding questions, and another overview of the department.

Fourth was HR rep. A shorter round of basic interview questions (Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why here, what are you looking for in a job, etc).

Next day, was offered position.

Interview Questions
    • I Was quizzed pretty extensively on agile software principals, mostly how to fix things and UI design. Wasn't really expecting that, but none of the questions were so hard that you couldn't wiggle through them.   Answer Question
    Internship, and the initial offer was on the very high end, so there was no negotiation.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

basically just asked how do i think i fit into this role, blah blah blah. do you have any experience operating any of the equipment, do you have a problem with attendance, how many days have you missed at your previous jobs, and are you okay with no over-time. are you okay with being sent home early . (????)

Interview Questions
    i am now gone to due their lack of respect and so forth.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone Interview was a 45 min call.

Marketing Manager Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening interview and the was brought in to headquarters.

Interview Questions
    Yes, but they were firm, I was able to negotiate a sign on bonus in lieu of desired salary.