Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Associate Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

three people, one after the other. seemed a bit excessive for a $13/hr position. 300 applicants for 50 open positions. I have a biotech B.S. and I can sell myself. that's why I got in, I believe.

Interview Questions

• questions weren't out of the ordinary. A LOT of experience based questions so make sure you can bring stories of your leadership, teamwork, problem resolution, etc…   Answer Question

Associate Chemist Interview

Interview

What is your goals in the next 5 years? Do you see yourself working at Thermo for the next 5 years? Do you currently own a home? Do you mind of the long commute? How would you balance between work and personal life? Do you mind staying late at work? The number of interviewers can be between 3-7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online submitting basic application materials like a resume and some questionnaire answers. One week later received an email to interview. About another week later had the interview on-site. It lasted a half hour and I was asked questions about past experiences, the internship job description, why I wanted to work for them, and other average behavioral questions.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the recruiter e-mail. She gave me a phone interview 3 weeks after. For me, it was long process just for a first call interview. The recruiter asked me questions about my work experience, education background and skills related to the position. After that, I had to wait for the 2nd interview. Unfortunately, the next day, they refused my application. Long process for nothing. They wasted your time.

Product Management Interview

Interview

Know the market well. Show that you can work under pressure. Result driven and energetic attitude. Good personality is a must. Leave ego's at home. A fast moving company so be ready to show that you can adapt to change.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The company has its own internal recruiters. There are several telephone interviews before you meet in person. When you meet in person, you will be interviewed by several members of the department staff as well as a human resources professional. There is quite a bit of company information online so you will have plenty to research as you decide if this is the company for you. This is a great company at a time of change, growth and opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Very informal questions mixed with the standard/textbook questions - strengths, weaknesses - brush up on your answers to standard interview questions and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Contacted by the HR manager multiple times. Every week another e-mail or phone call strings you along. Then finally you get notice of a phone interview. Then another interview with people who are not sincerely interested in hiring, just going through the motions because the company policy requires it. It is sadly apparent that they do not enjoy working for this company, this was a red flag for me.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I met a Thermo Fisher rep at a career fair and I mentioned I had applied to a manufacturing engineer position a few months earlier. They told me that there was a new position that would be a better match. I connected with them, and then we scheduled a phone interview with HR and an informal in-person interview and factory tour. The phone interview with HR was straight-forward, she asked me about times I had solved problems, and what pay I wanted. The in-person interview was informal, and we took a tour of the factory, which was really interesting. I asked a lot of questions about how they had addressed manufacturing issues.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? Do you want to move into management?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a great offer, but I asked for more based on a competing offer I had just received. They gave me 3% more.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial phone screen, reviewing of credentials. Then 3 face to face, back to back interviews at their headquarters, each lasting 30 minutes each with no breaks in between.I got positive feedback after each interview. Despite thank you letters and follow up calls, I did not receive immediate feedback. It turns out the position was no longer funded which would have been beneficial to know, as I was left thinking I was beat out by other candidates.

Senior Marketing Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

After having a phone screening interview with the recruiter, I was quickly scheduled to come in for an interview. I have a 5 hour interview with a few folks in the office. Nothing terribly difficult, just questions that gauged my experience and how it would measure with what they were looking for.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate