Thermo Fisher Scientific

2.9

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in September 2013.

Communication was excellent during initial interview process.
    Human resource phone interview and screening process was progressive.
    Face to face interview went well.
    When it came to follow up information, I waited a few weeks before contacting them to see if position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Only discussions about roles within organization not many questions regarding position   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interviewed with 3 people. They asked about basic Financial concepts but most was around software comprehension (Access, Excel, etc.) and the development of Financial models. They also wanted to see my willingness to work long hours. They also wanted to know if I had a basic understanding of the company and the business it serves.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker? What was the disagreement and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

I heard from some friends that work there that it is a tough place to work.

Software Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

1 HR phone interview and 2 rounds on site.

I didn't negotiate

Senior Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in August 2013.

Process was very rushed, multiple phone interviews. HR interview was not expected, they don't really give you a heads up on what they are looking for. I was expecting HR to say, "name me a time when you showed leadership". Nope, HR asked questions related to my scientific background, I thought I was talking to a 3rd grader as I felt the glaze in their eyes over the phone. Reimbursement check went to my Employer so if you are trying to keep your interview a secret, good luck. I've completed a number of interviews and this by far was the strangest. Oh, their Per Diem for meals is the lowest I've ever seen.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Application was reviewed, got email to call to setup interview, got interviewed first by HR then department head

Fine, fair

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone interview with HR followed by another phone conference with two tech guys. The interviews were mostly non-technical, and concentrated on the role responsibilities and how you would fit in.
    Several (4+) weeks after the second interview, I was informed that the position that I applied for was closed/reassigned as a different one, and I was being considered for this new position.
    3+ weeks later, and no news on either position.
    A "Sorry, you are no longer being considered for the position" email would be nice.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

It starts with standard HR screening...they ask standard questions. nothing rocket science but it is obvious that it is not an organization where the Human resources person knows the details of the actual position.. because of this they do not come across as a 30-billion-dollar company with a competent marketing function...
    the upfront salary question and anchoring you to "set expectations" does not give an image of a global company that pays for talent and value... it comes across a little cheap.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone interview first, then met with management team, then two more phone interviews.

FYI...If they call you in for an interview and they decide not to hire you don't expect them to send you a follow up letter. If you try to contact them to follow up they will not respond. To me this sets the tone for the type of culture there from the top down.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know anything about your job and you can't come to me or anyone else with questions so, what would you do.   View Answer

Clean Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in May 2013.

Its done by temp agencies so you dont really deal with them at first. the temp process involved 2 interviews asking very simple questions, a valid I.D, and a resume. they are trying to push you into companies anyways. one urynalisis later and your already hired your recruiter will take you to the company set you up with everything for new hires and you are employed.

Interview Questions
    • Can you stand doing the same thing for 7 hours straight?   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in May 2013.

Phone call then they called me to interview at the office bulding.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions about my experience and wanted examples. It was a good process.   Answer Question