Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Good experience, interviewed with five managers, all asked about work experience and a few behavioral questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary. I would recommend be prepared for any type of question

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you had , and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for a strategy internship at Thermo Fisher (Life Technologies). Interview consisted of one 30 minute interview with the project leader and two hour interviews with team members.

Interview questions were mostly fit related as I am an advanced degree applying to a MBA internship. Some interview questions involved questions about business intelligence, product road mapping, and SWOT analysis. Nothing to difficult, if you have taken business classes.

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Phone screen, interview with manager, round of panel interviews with 15 minute presentation "why hire me"
    very pleasant experience and i enjoyed all the people I interviewed with....i think the presentation is what got me hired

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Several steps to the interview process: phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person interview with manager, phone interview with regional VP, meeting with manager's sales team. Offer made, followed by paperwork, drug screen and backgroung check. The enitre process took about 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you discovered an error that escaped others attention. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reasonable, but took longer than 6 weeks for completion from start to finish.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

There was a job posting on school's career site for a career fair. I applied for an interview slot at the career fair. Final round interview was less than 2 weeks later at company headquarters. The initial interview was done by HR. Final rounds were with senior executives and program participants.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you could have handled a situation better, or you were unsuccessful at a task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Areas of concern were - location, relocation assistance amount, and signing bonus. The overall package was competitive, but could be less so depending on the location. Having to accept the offer before knowing the location was a factor in discussing relocation and signing bonus.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

very thorough and comfortable process.

accepted another position

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online - was called by their recruiter several weeks later, who asked a few general background questions. Set up an interview for two weeks later. I arrived at the interview, and was shuffled between several 'managers' who didn't actually seem interested in interviewing me for the position. One of them left me alone for 20 minutes, and another left me with a clerical worker and a custodian for a half hour. It was a total waste of time and gas money.

Interview Questions

• I see you have an MS in engineering - what High School did you go to? Oh, really? "Jane" went there also, perhaps you should speak with her...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Not a quick interview process. Had to do multiple phone interviews with HR and then managers. Provided you have a job this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Everyone is very helpful along the way.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the company that makes you invaluable?   Answer Question

GLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Group case "interview" was bizarre. We had candidates trying to talk over each other all while being monitored by a group of Thermo Fisher employees, who we could not interact with.

We also had three, one-on-one interviews which were all behavioral. It seemed like the interviewers were really pressured to stick to the scipt.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult question; they were all behavioral so just have stories ready   1 Answer

Product Manager/Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone Screen done by HR and brought in for a panel interview with 6 different people. Interviews lasted 4-5 hours.

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation- offer based on current pay at the time