Thermo Fisher Scientific

Updated May 23, 2014

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2011.

Was a very involved process of three rounds at various levels. Good strong process of filtering. Multiple sets of interviewers ranging from technical to personality related questions. Checked out various experiences. They were upfront about the challenges.

They are good employers

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in February 2011.

Met with several managers. The process was extremely slow. We went from a phone conversation to then trying to set up an initial interview that took 6 weeks. After the initial interview with 3 people, there was radio silence from the HR group. After repeated contact attempts for follow-up feedback, I finally got a call (Just as an FYI, I was having direct contact with the hiring managers and they said they liked me and would like to continue the dialog, however, they were concerned the position was a a little too junior for me and that I might be bored. It was very clear there was a significant communication problem b/w the HR dept. and the hiring group. At this point, I decided things were dragging out far too long and that I couldn't work with a group like this.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in June 2010.

The hiring and interview process is very slow. Often than not, the candidate would think that they have been eliminated. Therefore, accepting another job offer only to realize that they have been accepted for the next session of interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about Science and history of the technique or product that you would be working with.   Answer Question
    They accepted my offer.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2010.

Applied online/fast response.
    Phone screen/HR. General pre-screen ?s
    1:1/HR. Free form ?s - prove experience
    1:1 w/would be boss. Very distracted: 20 minutes late, chugalugs on Gatoraid? during interview. Defensive when asked 4 more info on projects. Speaks poorly about HR. ?s were random. Ratings below reflects last interview phase.

Interview Questions
    • phone screen questions were general - experience overview   Answer Question
    • HR 1:1 definitely sharp here - had to prove experience to them   View Answer