Thermo Fisher Scientific Manager Interview Questions

3.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2011.

Interview

Was a very involved process of three rounds at various levels. Good strong process of filtering. Multiple sets of interviewers ranging from technical to personality related questions. Checked out various experiences. They were upfront about the challenges.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are good employers

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in February 2011.

Interview

Met with several managers. The process was extremely slow. We went from a phone conversation to then trying to set up an initial interview that took 6 weeks. After the initial interview with 3 people, there was radio silence from the HR group. After repeated contact attempts for follow-up feedback, I finally got a call (Just as an FYI, I was having direct contact with the hiring managers and they said they liked me and would like to continue the dialog, however, they were concerned the position was a a little too junior for me and that I might be bored. It was very clear there was a significant communication problem b/w the HR dept. and the hiring group. At this point, I decided things were dragging out far too long and that I couldn't work with a group like this.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very slow. Often than not, the candidate would think that they have been eliminated. Therefore, accepting another job offer only to realize that they have been accepted for the next session of interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about Science and history of the technique or product that you would be working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They accepted my offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online/fast response. Phone screen/HR. General pre-screen ?s 1:1/HR. Free form ?s - prove experience 1:1 w/would be boss. Very distracted: 20 minutes late, chugalugs on Gatoraid? during interview. Defensive when asked 4 more info on projects. Speaks poorly about HR. ?s were random. Ratings below reflects last interview phase.

Interview Questions

• phone screen questions were general - experience overview   Answer Question
    • HR 1:1 definitely sharp here - had to prove experience to them   1 Answer