Thermo Fisher Scientific

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Phone interview with HR followed by another phone conference with two tech guys. The interviews were mostly non-technical, and concentrated on the role responsibilities and how you would fit in.
Several (4+) weeks after the second interview, I was informed that the position that I applied for was closed/reassigned as a different one, and I was being considered for this new position.
3+ weeks later, and no news on either position.
A "Sorry, you are no longer being considered for the position" email would be nice.

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in August 2009.

I was initially contacted by hr for a brief discussion about what the company was looking for and if I was interested. The hr individual was very kind and pleasant to speak with. This first phone conversation took roughly 20 minutes. Once it was determined that I have the general skills required for the job and that I was interested, a phone interview with the hiring manger was scheduled.

The conversation with the hiring manager was kept to about 30 minutes. Again, the individual I spoke with was very courteous and was able to answer all my questions. The hiring manager let me know that they would like me to come in for an in person interview.

When scheduling the in person interview I interacted with the same hr individual as my first interview. It was nice because I was familiar with the person and felt that if I had questions I could ask them. I was provided with a list of names of people I would be interview with along with a schedule of the days events. This was nice because then I knew the names of the people before they sat down, and I knew how long the interview was going to take.

I arrived at the office and everyone I talked to was knowledgeable about their work. They were all very easy to talk with as well. The interview did not get extremely technical, but did hit on a few key technologies that the group uses. Overall, I met with 6 different people from DBA's and Developers, to the manager and director. The interview itself took roughly 3.5 hours.

Overall I was very impressed with the people I had interaction with. The environment seemed challenging and the work interesting.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate with the company. The first offer I received was excellent. I happily accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in February 2012.

Not much details.