Thermo Fisher Scientific

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.5

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2013.

Initial contact made by TFS recruiter came six months after I applied. From there, it was another three months until I actually started work. The recruiter kept me well informed of all that was going on, and the pace I should expect. Had an initial phone interview with a supervisor, then an in-person interview. This was a long interview. Four 30-minute sessions with four different people. Once an offer had been extended and accepted, it then took another month for references, drug testing and the background check. Overall, the process was clunky and WAY too long, so don't start slacking at your job the minute you get called in for an interview here!

Interview Questions
I didn't need to negotiate. I went into the process with ideas of what I wanted, and they offered me a salary that was a good increase from my previous job and a vacation package in-line with the awesome package I was leaving behind.

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview was pleasant and very much on point, but interviewer kept taking calls during the process, making what would have been a 45-minute interview into a 2-hour process. I remember thinking that this was probably indicative of what my working experience was likely to be, and this proved to be true: It was always pleasant and on point, but full of interruptions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty much standard and to the point. None were especially difficult.   Answer Question
    Since it was a contract position, I negotiated with the agency before going to the interview. The rate was low, but they raised it upon my request.