Thermopylae Sciences & Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Systems Integrator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology.

I was contacted by Thermopylae for a position they had open that looked like a good fit for my skill set. Spoke to the HR contact, then did a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview

The phone interview was pretty standard with one of the technical members of the team who mainly just asked about my background and explained some of Thermopylae's services. Nothing surprising here.

The face to face interview involved myself and 3 others. One was the hiring manager and the other two were technical employees on the team I would be on. It was very similar to other interviews in which they ask about background then begin a more technical dive into details on how things work. They all appeared knowledgeable and quite friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write some pseudo-code on the whiteboard (shell script) for a fake use case   Answer Question

Upon receiving the offer I had some concerns about discrepancies between HR and the hiring manager and asked for clarification which would influence pay/benefits. HR was to go iron things out and get back to me. 3 days after receiving the offer he called and said they needed anoter few days. 9 days after the offer I reached out and asked for a status and didn't get a response for another 6 days (18 days total). That response was talking about contracts and that they needed another few days to get the contract right.

Never heard a word back after that. No returned calls, no emails, nada. I had other offers pending and have since moved on, but now (3 months later) still haven't heard back. Obviously, they rescinded the offer but never bothered to inform me.

Maybe I fell through the cracks, or they didn't like my counter, but not going radio silent is a big issue with me. If I was still in the market I wouldn't accept the offer after 3 weeks of being ignored.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology.

Flashy initial recruiting. They spent big bucks and took 7 of us out to a local bar. Second interview was over the phone just to get some general knowledge about what I know and ask some simple OO questions and data structures. Third interview was online programming challenge that was not hard at all so dont stress over it. Fourth interview was a bit hader. It was composed of 3 interviews with 3 different developers through Google Hangout and took about 2 hours. More complicated questions and psuedo-coding in Google docs, more OO paradigms, asked to design a database for a bookstore, asked to layout work schedule for designing software for a robot, and some other random questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays provide pseudo-code that returns array of matches between the arrays. Answer must be based on processing metric, so hashing is not what they were looking for as an answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology.

Exceedingly unprofessional and somewhat odd. Did an initial interview, then a code test on codality, and finally a group interview over the span of 30 days. Finally the in house recruiter calls to tell me that I likely got the job but waiting for their president to come back to work from a flu and to expect a response in two days. At the end of two days, I emailed asking if the company had made a decision, told they will get back to me next week as it's friday. Figure that's it and start final contract negotiations with another company but did ask T:S&T what exactly went wrong at the end of the following monday. Still never got a reply on that one.

Bigger question I have, if this is how T:T&S treats candidates, how disorganized is it internally?

Interview Questions
    • Mostly focused on basic competency tests with focus on managing complexity and big O notation. Thought the code tests were a lot of fun ( project euclid/code golf problems ).   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology in January 2010.

Everything involving Thermopylae has been very professional. The small company really stands out above the rest and exceeds my expectations so far.

Excellent

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology

Worked for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology? Contribute to the Community!