Things Remembered

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered.

After possibly a month of not hearing from them, I was asked to come in and then told no one was working out for them; people would be hired and then quit within a week and so I was already suspicious. My interview went well, a 1 on 1 in the stock room with not the store manager and I was called the next day and told I'd be emailed a job offering. Now during my interview I noted how much I currently made and how much I was seeking. When I looked through the online agreement I had never been so offened with the insulting wage offered. When I tried to call and speak about it, I got so much rudeness with the person who had "signed" the email with "Hiring Manager" under her name claiming she wasn't the one to speak to. Apparently no one was the right person to speak to and I never got to ask why would a noncommission job offer me such a ridiculous number?

The salary was a joke, way below what I had indicated I was looking for and had previously made. It was insulting.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered in November 2014.

Filled out an application online for a seasonal position, got a call back for an interview early the next week. Interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Very easy questions.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered in November 2014.

Well since it was in the mall we had our interview in the food court/hallway. She asked about my availability if I've shopped there before and what did I buy. Was I comfortable selling things. And then she had me do a practice run of selling things

Interview Questions
    She basically said that she'll send me an email and I had to click I accept and then she sent another email for everything such as, W-2 form and store handbook and what did i need to bring for my first day on the job

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered.

You need to apply for Things Remembered on line. Its important to pay attention to the details. If you pass the personality assessment, you will get a call for the interview. My interview was with a store manager and then with the DM.

Manager/Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered.

I was called randomly out of the blue by a Manager at a different location other than the one I applied for. I was asked could I come in for a interview the next day. Problem that I had was since I don't have a car I would have had to take four buses to get there which would be impossible since I am unemployed. The young lady said she would see what she could do on her end because that would be the only day the DM would be there. I never heard from her again. The next information I did get was a e-mail from the original person and store I applied for stating that they no longer are hiring for the position.

Seasonal Engraver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Things Remembered in October 2014.

Walked in The store manger greet me she told me I will be with me in a few I walked around the store looking at the stuff. She told me We are ready took me to the back room and began to ask me questions based on my resume.

Sales Associate/Engraver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Things Remembered in October 2014.

my previous employer gave an excellent recommendation so interview process was very smooth. received a called about a day or 2 after I submitted the application, manager was very friendly, Asked basic sales questions. was offered the job the following week. started training a few days afterward. very simple interview process.

Interview Questions
    • none, all typical questions nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    None. I was offered 0.75 over minimum wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

They read off a sheet of preselected questions, and grade you in regards to your answers. Interviewer may ask you some questions of their own to get a better sense for the type of person you are, so just be comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • No question is more difficult than the last, just need to be able to understand the wording and don't get confused.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, depending they can only give you a preset offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Applied online, took the little assessment, and got called a week later. It was easy or more common sense, they especially liked that I was artistic and creative because you need creativity in this job to make peoples engraving look nice and attractive.

Interview Questions
    • What about our store did you become interested the most with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Things Remembered in September 2014.

The interviewer, Petra, was very friendly and informative. She seemed real knowledgable about the company and really seemed to enjoy her job. She asked alot of questions that pertained to the job and also chatted a little otherwise which made the whole interview easier to handle. I felt at ease talking to her. I am hoping to get a call back from her.

Interview Questions
    • How many other applications I have put in with other companies throughout the mall in which the company I was applying at was located.   View Answer