Things Remembered Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

Filled out an online application, was called to come in for an interview two days later. Easy interview; the very friendly manager took me to the storeroom and asked questions about prior experience. Unfortunately, after making me an offer, the link they sent for a personality assessment didn't work. Rather than work with IT to resend it, they withdrew their offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Things Remembered in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple, straight to the point. It did get busy, and it was just the store manager at the time. While she was helping a customer she had me looking at products to "sell" her on something, it ended up getting busy and I ended up helping her sell something to a gentleman while she helped other customers!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Things Remembered (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Typical retail interview. It was a very welcoming atmosphere. My manager was very kind and the questions were not difficult. We actually met on a bench in front of the store for the first interview. I also met with the assistant manager. They were both very professional. It was a pretty easy and up front deal.

Internet Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Things Remembered (Mesa, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I wasked about my sales & customer service background, and my availability. The job was described to me in detail, I felt I was clearly told what to expect. I was asked if this felt like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your automotive or call center experience   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Things Remembered (North Riverside, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

it was easy to me she was so nice and sweet , the questions were all just basic questions like what's your main goals and what are your achievements, etc , she told me all about the company

Interview Questions

• how would you handle constructive criticism   1 Answer
    • tell me a time when u had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • tell me a time when u had to handle so many customers   Answer Question
    • tell me about your customer service experience   Answer Question

Seasonal Engraver Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

Casual setting. Questions were very basic. Mostly want to make sure you won't bail. We discussed everything at the kiosk. No experience to engrave was necessary but they wanted to make sure would be willing to train to engrave.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered (Garden City, NY).

Interview

After possibly a month of not hearing from them, I was asked to come in and then told no one was working out for them; people would be hired and then quit within a week and so I was already suspicious. My interview went well, a 1 on 1 in the stock room with not the store manager and I was called the next day and told I'd be emailed a job offering. Now during my interview I noted how much I currently made and how much I was seeking. When I looked through the online agreement I had never been so offened with the insulting wage offered. When I tried to call and speak about it, I got so much rudeness with the person who had "signed" the email with "Hiring Manager" under her name claiming she wasn't the one to speak to. Apparently no one was the right person to speak to and I never got to ask why would a noncommission job offer me such a ridiculous number?

The salary was a joke, way below what I had indicated I was looking for and had previously made. It was insulting.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online for a seasonal position, got a call back for an interview early the next week. Interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Very easy questions.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered in November 2014.

Interview

Well since it was in the mall we had our interview in the food court/hallway. She asked about my availability if I've shopped there before and what did I buy. Was I comfortable selling things. And then she had me do a practice run of selling things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She basically said that she'll send me an email and I had to click I accept and then she sent another email for everything such as, W-2 form and store handbook and what did i need to bring for my first day on the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Things Remembered (Tucson, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Very simple, easy, basic, and laid back. Started as a seasonal engraver and was hired thereafter. I received a phone call for an interview and set a date. Went in to interview and manager forgot I had an appointment, but was able to squeeze me in. I was then let out of the store where the interview took place. There was loud music going on in the background of the interview and it was somewhat distracting, but that didn't effect the process considering how laid back it was. It seemed they needed someone hired right away and was not picky on who it would be.

Interview Questions

• What was the largest sale I ever made?   1 Answer