Things Remembered

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.4

Manager/Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered.

I was called randomly out of the blue by a Manager at a different location other than the one I applied for. I was asked could I come in for a interview the next day. Problem that I had was since I don't have a car I would have had to take four buses to get there which would be impossible since I am unemployed. The young lady said she would see what she could do on her end because that would be the only day the DM would be there. I never heard from her again. The next information I did get was a e-mail from the original person and store I applied for stating that they no longer are hiring for the position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

They read off a sheet of preselected questions, and grade you in regards to your answers. Interviewer may ask you some questions of their own to get a better sense for the type of person you are, so just be comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • No question is more difficult than the last, just need to be able to understand the wording and don't get confused.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, depending they can only give you a preset offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Applied online, took the little assessment, and got called a week later. It was easy or more common sense, they especially liked that I was artistic and creative because you need creativity in this job to make peoples engraving look nice and attractive.

Interview Questions
    • What about our store did you become interested the most with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumberland, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Things Remembered in September 2014.

The interviewer, Petra, was very friendly and informative. She seemed real knowledgable about the company and really seemed to enjoy her job. She asked alot of questions that pertained to the job and also chatted a little otherwise which made the whole interview easier to handle. I felt at ease talking to her. I am hoping to get a call back from her.

Interview Questions
    • How many other applications I have put in with other companies throughout the mall in which the company I was applying at was located.   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Different locations vary on the position and importance of your duties that take place. My initial reaction to working here was how do they expect us to sell hundreds of dollars in sales in a few hours?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Things Remembered in July 2014.

Applied online. Took about a week for a call to set up an interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed really knowledgeable and nice. She said there was one other person who was interviewing for the same position. She interviewed me in the store; there was no place to sit so she conducted the interview as we were standing in the store. Most of the questions were about past work experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Things Remembered.

I filled out an online application and got a call about a week later for an interview. It was a standard interview with the manager asking me about my prior experience, what customer service means to me, and all of the basic interview questions. I got the job same day and if you don't receive the job on sight, then that means you might be out of luck. The next day it was confirmed I got the job and I had to fill out some forms online. They don't drug test, which I found strange, so you will not have to through that.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you have experience selling additional products, which ties in with their business they sell engravings.   View Answer
    It's very much a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Things Remembered in April 2014.

Filled out the application online and received a call a few days later asking if I was still interested in the job and if I was available the following week to come in to the store for an interview. The interview process is done on a one on one, face to face basis with the store manager. It's a standard interview, asking you scenario questions and about your background. Fairly easy. Interview ended with store manager telling me he had other interviews to conduct and he would be getting back to people in a week or so.

Update: I finally heard back from them by email 2 weeks after the interview and calling the store twice to speak with the person who interviewed me informing me I did not get the position

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. Just the standard stuff you'd here in any interview. Tell me about yourself and why I should consider hiring you, what background and experience do you have to bring, what would you do if you had an irate guest, tell me a time you went above and beyond to meet or exceed a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Things Remembered.

Called in for an interview, asked of previous experience and how I handled customers that were ordering large orders, and what I would do in a situation of theft.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of your largest orders and how did you help make it that large?   Answer Question
    We would like to give you the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Things Remembered.

Very basic customer service questions: What are your strengths and weaknesses, best way to avoid shoplifting is to provide excellent customer service, tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer, etc. After the interview we did a mock sales to show how I would make a sale to a customer shopping for a certain occasion.