Think Big Analytics

Employer Engaged

Think Big Analytics Interview Questions

3.5

Data Engineer Interview

4 rounds of interviews while 2 were technical and 2 were functional.

Principal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in April 2014.

I was introduced to the company through a mutual colleague. I spoke to the CEO on the phone we decided to move forward. I came in for a panel interview and also met with the Director of HR. They had me white board some diagrams and the technical people grilled me on Big Data technology.

Interview Questions
    • What are new and innovative Big Data architectures that cannot be solved by traditional RDBMS tools.   Answer Question

Consultant - Data Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in February 2014.

Took a little over a month. First round was a technical Skype call focused on OOP and Java. 2nd Round was Skype with focus on problem solving and past experience. 3rd Round was in-person panel focusing on technical, problem solving, and teamwork. Last was 2 skype calls with HR and CEO focusing on past experiences.

Know your core OOP and Java. Be honest and straightforward since it is a small company and all the interviewers talk directly to each other.

Interview Questions
    The offer was aligned to what I was looking for so I did not negotiate.

Consultant - Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in November 2013.

Hiring is a work in progress, Think Big is trying to ensure a good experience on both sides of the process. Expect technical interviews from an online screen to an in person white board session. Remember to focus on the goal rather than the details - consulting is often a problem solving or thinking on your feet exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Most people get too focused on the details. Be confident. if you know the answer right away you are probably correct - don't second guess yourself. Also, show your work, Think Big likes to understand how people problem solve.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in October 2013.

1: Phone screen by recruiter who contacted me via Linked in
    7: Phone meeting-HR director
    8: Phone meeting-CEO
    9: Phone meeting-client partner
    10: Coding interview

Interview Questions
    • The standard deviation calculation and calculus related question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Applied through university website. Had a call with a recruiter followed by 3 skype interviews, 2 phone interviews and then onsite. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    They matched my other offer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in June 2013.

Phone screen with HR, schedule 2 skype interviews. I really dislike skype for this kind of application but the interviewers were very nice and prompt.

Interview Questions
    • Solution and derivation of the Monte Hall Problem   Answer Question
    • You have two buckets, one 5 gal one 3 gal, you also have a endless fountain of water to fill your buckets with. You must deliver 4 gal of water. How do you do it?   View Answers (2)
    • What is the difference between a abstract class and an interface in Java?   Answer Question
    • In a linked list how do you find the middle element in one pass?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Applied through company website, followed by a phone screening by a recruiter. Had 1 technical phone interview, 3 Skype technical interview, then on site interview.

Interview Questions
    Decent package, didn't negotiate much.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Submitted my application on LinkedIn, then contacted by a recruiter after 1 month.
    45 mins phone interview: 5 coding questions (Yes, five!!)
    45 mins phone interview: behavior questions.
    Three 45 mins back to back technical interviews (Skype): Trees, Multi-thread, software design, puzzle, experiences, etc.
    Flew to one of their offices to meet the senior staffs and the hiring manager... All of them are very friendly and knowledgeable.

After couple days, I've been told that they would like to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was just average market price, then I asked them to evaluate my experiences again and I told them about my other offers, finally they issued me an offer which made me happy enough to withdraw another nice offer from one of the big corporate.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Think Big Analytics in May 2012.

I have attended three turns of interviews.
    In the first turn, the HR just checked my background information and scheduled a skills test.

In the second turn, a technical people called me to ask several questions using Java. One question is given an array of int and a target number, how to find two numbers in the array whose sum equals the target.

In the third turn, I met a people in his office. I may not answer his question very well, such as why I leave my previous company.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of int and a target number, how to find two numbers in the array whose sum equals the target.   View Answers (3)