Think Big Analytics

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant - Data Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in February 2014.

Interview Details – Took a little over a month. First round was a technical Skype call focused on OOP and Java. 2nd Round was Skype with focus on problem solving and past experience. 3rd Round was in-person panel focusing on technical, problem solving, and teamwork. Last was 2 skype calls with HR and CEO focusing on past experiences.

Know your core OOP and Java. Be honest and straightforward since it is a small company and all the interviewers talk directly to each other.

Interview Question – Know your core OO best practices   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was aligned to what I was looking for so I did not negotiate.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring is a work in progress, Think Big is trying to ensure a good experience on both sides of the process. Expect technical interviews from an online screen to an in person white board session. Remember to focus on the goal rather than the details - consulting is often a problem solving or thinking on your feet exercise.

Interview Question – Most people get too focused on the details. Be confident. if you know the answer right away you are probably correct - don't second guess yourself. Also, show your work, Think Big likes to understand how people problem solve.   Answer Question

Principal Manager Interview

Principal Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the company through a mutual colleague. I spoke to the CEO on the phone we decided to move forward. I came in for a panel interview and also met with the Director of HR. They had me white board some diagrams and the technical people grilled me on Big Data technology.

Interview Question – What are new and innovative Big Data architectures that cannot be solved by traditional RDBMS tools.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Think Big Analytics

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews while 2 were technical and 2 were functional.

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went through one technical phone interview, one non-technical phone interview. Then three in-person interviews: two technical, one non-technical (all back to back). However, they have revamped their interview process since then (two years ago) so it's pretty different now. I think there is potentially another phone screen, and 4 in-person interviews. Plus potentially a chat with upper management (CEO or President) for senior roles.

Interview Question – They asked a few questions about statistics and machine learning- Naive Bayes, Logistic Regression, and Hidden Markov Models. I had enough of a familiarity with all of them to answer reasonably, but I'm still not sure why they asked about these. Again, that was two years ago, so the questions have changed a lot.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Senior Data Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in October 2013.

Interview Details – 1: Phone screen by recruiter who contacted me via Linked in
7: Phone meeting-HR director
8: Phone meeting-CEO
9: Phone meeting-client partner
10: Coding interview

Interview Question – The standard deviation calculation and calculus related question   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, schedule 2 skype interviews. I really dislike skype for this kind of application but the interviewers were very nice and prompt.

Interview Questions

• Solution and derivation of the Monte Hall Problem   Answer Question
  • You have two buckets, one 5 gal one 3 gal, you also have a endless fountain of water to fill your buckets with. You must deliver 4 gal of water. How do you do it?   View Answer
  • What is the difference between a abstract class and an interface in Java?   Answer Question
  • In a linked list how do you find the middle element in one pass?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Interview Details – Applied through university website. Had a call with a recruiter followed by 3 skype interviews, 2 phone interviews and then onsite. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – Questions on Databases, data structures and puzzles   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They matched my other offer

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Interview Details – Applied through company website, followed by a phone screening by a recruiter. Had 1 technical phone interview, 3 Skype technical interview, then on site interview.

Interview Question – Find the nodes of a sum number in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Decent package, didn't negotiate much.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Senior Data Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Think Big Analytics.

Interview Details – Submitted my application on LinkedIn, then contacted by a recruiter after 1 month.
45 mins phone interview: 5 coding questions (Yes, five!!)
45 mins phone interview: behavior questions.
Three 45 mins back to back technical interviews (Skype): Trees, Multi-thread, software design, puzzle, experiences, etc.
Flew to one of their offices to meet the senior staffs and the hiring manager... All of them are very friendly and knowledgeable.

After couple days, I've been told that they would like to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was just average market price, then I asked them to evaluate my experiences again and I told them about my other offers, finally they issued me an offer which made me happy enough to withdraw another nice offer from one of the big corporate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Think Big Analytics

Worked for Think Big Analytics? Contribute to the Community!

Think Big Analytics – Why Work for Us?

Your Big Data Evolution Partner Companies are transforming their businesses by leveraging the power of Big Data. To move beyond traditional business intelligence to true Analytics requires a Big Data roadmap, skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Think Big Analytics interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Think Big Analytics employees and interview candidates.