ThinkGeek

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.7

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online for this company. The recruiter sent a coding exercise which consisted a set of 5 perl programming questions and two separate exercise out of which one was to implement word count using perl and another was to design a database schema . Though I completed the exercises on time and correctly yet I wasn't called for interview

Perl Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ThinkGeek in January 2014.

I was given a set of problems to code including write a Perl-based word count app, a web page to get data from TG's site and display the price, and a test with Perl's test suite. I sent everything in, and was invited to an interview online, which took a while to coordinate.

The interview itself was horrible in the sense that I was asked only a few questions (no more than three or four) by the senior devvers and then was handed back to the recruiter (who was completely pleasant through everything) to be declined for the position. The entire interview lasted less than 15 minutes and gave me a very bad taste for the company to the point where I look for alternative retailers before even buying from them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ThinkGeek in October 2011.

Sent resume in then I had a phone interview followed up with an in house interview with managment.

Interview Questions
    • All the usual customer service bassed questions..how you deal with problem customers and problem employees etc..   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate was a set rate per hour

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ThinkGeek in August 2009.

it was a simple 2 hr conversation & discussion.