Thinking Phone Networks

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thinking Phone Networks

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thinking Phone Networks.

Applied online. Received an email from the recruiter, who asked to set up time to speak the next day on the phone. We had a good chat, and she told me that she would be passing on my resume to the hiring manager, who would call me in a few days. At the end of the initial interview, we set up time for the second interview.

Four days later—also on the phone, I spoke with the hiring manager. She was very friendly and straightforward about the company, the workplace dynamics, and what they had in mind for the role that they were hiring. She also spoke about some parallels with their criteria that she had seen in my resume, which certainly made me feel upbeat. At the end of the second interview, she told me that HR would be calling me to set up time for an in-office interview with someone in the department. The next day, HR called, and scheduled me for an interview the next day.

After arriving for the interview, l waited shortly before the interviewer came into the room. He was kind and straightforward, and—while he asked me some tough questions—was very transparent in regards to my background versus what they were looking for. He told me that they would be in touch, and thanked me for my time. Later that night, I received a phone call from HR, saying that they wanted to extend me an offer, which I accepted.

As far as a timeline goes, it was exactly one week between the time that I submitted my application and when I was contacted by the recruiter. Overall, from submission of my application to the extension of the offer was two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to enter [this field]?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thinking Phone Networks in September 2014.

The process was excellent fact finding activity to determine my strengths and capabilities. Not a technical fact quiz show about odd language syntax. Corporate culture and job duties were well explained and any remaining questions were answered. The entire process was fast however at the time there was an email issue with items being blocked. A phone conversation with HR quickly resolved the issue and the process completed promptly.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions just specific questions about what I accomplished.   Answer Question
    My expectations were compared with my ranked capabilities and the positions requirements appropriately.

Ottawa Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thinking Phone Networks.

Received an email "cold call" from HR person. Basicaly read script to me about company. Asked where I was working now and what I made. Basically said I was being paid too much for what I did -- absolutely insulting thing to say.

Set up in person interview. Met with team lead. Prmising interview. No technical questions. Team lead said he'd have the HR person call me back.

One week passes. No call.

Two weeks pass. No call.

A month pass. No call.

I follow up with HR person to ask what is going on. Basically said I was first person to be interviewed and for that reason they would not be getting back to me. I can't believe the gall of this person to not even keep me in the loop about a job I interviewd for and was very interested in.

Poor interaction with HR

PROVISIONING Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Thinking Phone Networks in May 2010.

Started with a brief phone interview a few days before being asked to an in-person interview. On the day of the interview I was greeted by several friendly employees in the small office place. I met with four employees from the department via one on one interviews. Interview lasted approximately two hours, as I was told to expect.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate start date and a bit of a higher salary (about 7% higher than initial offer)