ThinkingPhones Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the recruiter, who asked to set up time to speak the next day on the phone. We had a good chat, and she told me that she would be passing on my resume to the hiring manager, who would call me in a few days. At the end of the initial interview, we set up time for the second interview. Four days later—also on the phone, I spoke with the hiring manager. She was very friendly and straightforward about the company, the workplace dynamics, and what they had in mind for the role that they were hiring. She also spoke about some parallels with their criteria that she had seen in my resume, which certainly made me feel upbeat. At the end of the second interview, she told me that HR would be calling me to set up time for an in-office interview with someone in the department. The next day, HR called, and scheduled me for an interview the next day. After arriving for the interview, l waited shortly before the interviewer came into the room. He was kind and straightforward, and—while he asked me some tough questions—was very transparent in regards to my background versus what they were looking for. He told me that they would be in touch, and thanked me for my time. Later that night, I received a phone call from HR, saying that they wanted to extend me an offer, which I accepted. As far as a timeline goes, it was exactly one week between the time that I submitted my application and when I was contacted by the recruiter. Overall, from submission of my application to the extension of the offer was two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to enter [this field]?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Cambridge, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

First is a phone screen with a recruiter. Then you have a phone screen with Ned the inside sales manager, then if he gives you the thumbs up you get passed to Jeff Smith, VP of Lead Gen. If he likes you you come in for face to face interviews with both of them. If you do well you will get a face to face with Andy Byron, the CRO, and he has the final say. Andy is tough interview but if you are confident in yourself, and show that you are a hard worker, not just someone that is going to come to work 9-5 and go home. Then he will like you. Technical knowledge and sales skills are secondary to personality and self confidence.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ThinkingPhones in June 2014.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview which lasted about a half hour and was basically about your personality traits and career goals as well as talking a bit about the company. Given that goes well, you will get called in for an in-person interview which is an hour and a half with 3 managers separately. All any of the managers seemed concerned with was whether you "fit in" to their culture. One told me they only hire people who will be "friends" with absolutely everyone in the company. It felt a little too high school for me. Aside from that, it just seemed like an open forum for asking the right questions.

Interview Questions

• Being asked so heavily about my hobbies and whether I would enjoy the environment that involves hanging out with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. A few days later, I received an email from the HR Manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took place a few days after the initial setup. About a week later, I had the interview onside at the Cambridge location and met with five members of the company. I thought the interview went well. I finally received feedback a few weeks later that I did not get the job.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two days after sending my online application I was contacted by HR, to arrange the first interview out of four. 1st - Interview with HR hiring manager 2nd - Interview with Technical Operations Lead 3rd - On-site interview with future team members 4rd - Interview with CEO, more like a conversation where I could ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• All of the interviews felt more like a conversation about technical issues , experience and personal interests such as what do I like to do in my free time. Nothing felt too high-pressure and the interviewers always made me feel very comfortable and relaxed.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was excellent fact finding activity to determine my strengths and capabilities. Not a technical fact quiz show about odd language syntax. Corporate culture and job duties were well explained and any remaining questions were answered. The entire process was fast however at the time there was an email issue with items being blocked. A phone conversation with HR quickly resolved the issue and the process completed promptly.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions just specific questions about what I accomplished.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My expectations were compared with my ranked capabilities and the positions requirements appropriately.

Product Owner (Technical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

First formal contact was a telephone screening interview with Human Resources. You will be asked for for salary expectations and you cannot avoid stating it. The company is a growth stage startup and is very careful about managing its expenses. And that's a good thing. Since I was a late entrant into the search process, all my on-site interviews were held on the same day. I met with peers and stakeholders then with the hiring manager. The process was informal, but definitely dealt with ability and fit. For some roles they are looking for very specific skills, but for others they will seek out candidates with the willingness and ability to take on the challenge. Overall, I left with the impression of a very good and positive working environment created by a collegial and capable team.

Interview Questions

• How would you improved a particular product. The product will be one that has nothing to do with the company.   Answer Question

Ottawa Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ThinkingPhones (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received an email "cold call" from HR person. Basicaly read script to me about company. Asked where I was working now and what I made. Basically said I was being paid too much for what I did -- absolutely insulting thing to say. Set up in person interview. Met with team lead. Prmising interview. No technical questions. Team lead said he'd have the HR person call me back. One week passes. No call. Two weeks pass. No call. A month pass. No call. I follow up with HR person to ask what is going on. Basically said I was first person to be interviewed and for that reason they would not be getting back to me. I can't believe the gall of this person to not even keep me in the loop about a job I interviewd for and was very interested in.

Poor interaction with HR

PROVISIONING Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ThinkingPhones in May 2010.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview a few days before being asked to an in-person interview. On the day of the interview I was greeted by several friendly employees in the small office place. I met with four employees from the department via one on one interviews. Interview lasted approximately two hours, as I was told to expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate start date and a bit of a higher salary (about 7% higher than initial offer)