Thomas Cook

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.1

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Cook.

Phone screen, half a day event followed by face to face with Hiring manager. HR are terrible on getting back to you as you progress through various rounds. Was told I excelled at the previous rounds and was given no feedback after the final round on reasons for not progressing in fact no feedback at all.

Development Lead Interview

3 to 4 rounds of both technical and management. More focus on ecommerce related technologies.Interview hardness depends on people who is there in Panel.
    Have some basic domain knowledge, read about Thomascook. UI and SOA design related questions.

Interim Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thomas Cook in May 2013.

Sent email with interest in role with CV, received email next day with proposed date for interview, attended interview two days later, verbal offer there and then.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions, only difficulty was not matching my previous day rate   View Answer
    Short but conclusive

Head Fo Cash and Working Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thomas Cook in April 2013.

Via recruitment consultant, a fairly quick process to be ok'd for interview (a week or so). The interview was with the Deputy Group Treasurer and HR, and the briefing from the Recruitment guy was good.

The interview was good, well structured (possibly a little TOO formal from the HR lady)

The post interview process took a while - week and half

Directeur Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thomas Cook.

3 entretiens : un avec les ressources humaines, un avec mon supérieur, et un avec le PDG

3 interviews : one with HR, one with my manager, and one with the CEO

Interview Questions
    J'ai pu légèrement négocier mon salaire

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Cook in March 2011.

Thomas cooks recruitment proceedure is laughable and on this occassion I cannot blame the recruiters! TTC took 3 weeks to see my CV then came back and ask for telephone interview then did not bother to call. The recruiter was run ragged trying to get them to stick to their arrangements. Eventually got the call and all seemed to go well so 121 interview organised. Got to TC offices and guess what- was supposed to see 3 people, one forgot and wasn't available, the second acted like he couldn't be bothered to interview and the 3rd left after 10 mins due to another appointment. Then Recruiter whoo blind cc'ed me into requestes for feedback was ignored and no feedback given. Terrible company, no organisation and thgeir HR dept along with other depts do not have internal processes that work! awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult just normal run of the mill 'tell me about your experience?'type question-unfortunately there was no structure to interview-sorry!   Answer Question

Hotelanimateur Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at Thomas Cook in December 2009.

Casting und 3 Wochen Training

Casting and 3 week training

Interview Questions
    • Rollenspiel für Beschwerde-Management   Role play for complaint mangement   View Answer
    Keine Verhandlungen, jeder erhält am Anfang den gleichen Lohn. Jährliche Erhöhung oder Chance auf höhere Positionen.

Resourcing Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Cook in October 2008.

2 stage interview process consisted of a comprehensive competency based interview and a more informal 'get to know you' session with an existing member of the team. The Resourcing Manager gave a considerable amount of information about the role and the company. The competency questions were mostly relevant and some were challenging. Generally it was a professional and robust process.

Interview Questions
    • The competency questions were challenging in that they focus on the ability to demonstrate self awareness in complex stakeholder management situations.   Answer Question
    The hiring manager was very up front at the beginning what the range was, I was equally honest about the amount I was looking for, which was within the range. At offer stage I received the amount I was looking for. No games or silliness.