Thomas Cook

Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Lead Interview

Development Lead

Interviewed at Thomas Cook

Interview Details – 3 to 4 rounds of both technical and management. More focus on ecommerce related technologies.Interview hardness depends on people who is there in Panel.
Have some basic domain knowledge, read about Thomascook. UI and SOA design related questions.

Hotel and Resorts Entertainer Interview

Hotel and Resorts Entertainer
Berlin (Germany)

I applied online - interviewed at Thomas Cook in December 2009.

Interview Details – Casting and 3 week training

Interview Question – Role play for complaint mangement   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.everyone gets the same as a starter. Yearly raise and/or chance to get higher position

Interim Interview

Interim
Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Thomas Cook in May 2013.

Interview Details – Sent email with interest in role with CV, received email next day with proposed date for interview, attended interview two days later, verbal offer there and then.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions, only difficulty was not matching my previous day rate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short but conclusive

Head Fo Cash and Working Capital Interview

Head Fo Cash and Working Capital
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomas Cook in April 2013.

Interview Details – Via recruitment consultant, a fairly quick process to be ok'd for interview (a week or so). The interview was with the Deputy Group Treasurer and HR, and the briefing from the Recruitment guy was good.

The interview was good, well structured (possibly a little TOO formal from the HR lady)

The post interview process took a while - week and half

Interview Question – When have you worked with difficult people   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview Details – 3 interviews : one with HR, one with my manager, and one with the CEO

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little on my salary

Resourcing Business Partner Interview

Resourcing Business Partner
Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomas Cook in October 2008.

Interview Details – 2 stage interview process consisted of a comprehensive competency based interview and a more informal 'get to know you' session with an existing member of the team. The Resourcing Manager gave a considerable amount of information about the role and the company. The competency questions were mostly relevant and some were challenging. Generally it was a professional and robust process.

Interview Question – The competency questions were challenging in that they focus on the ability to demonstrate self awareness in complex stakeholder management situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager was very up front at the beginning what the range was, I was equally honest about the amount I was looking for, which was within the range. At offer stage I received the amount I was looking for. No games or silliness.

Very Difficult Interview

Social Media Interview

Social Media
City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomas Cook in March 2011.

Interview Details – Thomas cooks recruitment proceedure is laughable and on this occassion I cannot blame the recruiters! TTC took 3 weeks to see my CV then came back and ask for telephone interview then did not bother to call. The recruiter was run ragged trying to get them to stick to their arrangements. Eventually got the call and all seemed to go well so 121 interview organised. Got to TC offices and guess what- was supposed to see 3 people, one forgot and wasn't available, the second acted like he couldn't be bothered to interview and the 3rd left after 10 mins due to another appointment. Then Recruiter whoo blind cc'ed me into requestes for feedback was ignored and no feedback given. Terrible company, no organisation and thgeir HR dept along with other depts do not have internal processes that work! awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult just normal run of the mill 'tell me about your experience?'type question-unfortunately there was no structure to interview-sorry!   Answer Question

Worked for Thomas Cook? Contribute to the Community!