Thomas Cook Interview Questions in Peterborough, England

Updated Jul 16, 2015

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Thomas Cook are striving to make their process high-tech, low-touch - this includes recruiting. After an initial telephone screening I was asked to take an online test and attend a video interview where I answered some standard questions about my field that would be reviewed later by a person. After this point the business strategy changed and the hiring was put on hold. Communication from the recruiter was effective throughout, though high-tech, low-touch results in a not very personal experience in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• None really, except that the first interview was an online video interview answering some fairly standard questions, which are then reviewed by a person.   Answer Question

Service Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Half day assessment with a welcome/about us presentation, technical test, interview and group exercise, all of which were very relaxed. Frequent refreshment/rest breaks were good too. Thomas Cook people were very open and friendly.

Interim Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Sent email with interest in role with CV, received email next day with proposed date for interview, attended interview two days later, verbal offer there and then.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions, only difficulty was not matching my previous day rate   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short but conclusive

Resourcing Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)) in October 2008.

Interview

2 stage interview process consisted of a comprehensive competency based interview and a more informal 'get to know you' session with an existing member of the team. The Resourcing Manager gave a considerable amount of information about the role and the company. The competency questions were mostly relevant and some were challenging. Generally it was a professional and robust process.

Interview Questions

• The competency questions were challenging in that they focus on the ability to demonstrate self awareness in complex stakeholder management situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hiring manager was very up front at the beginning what the range was, I was equally honest about the amount I was looking for, which was within the range. At offer stage I received the amount I was looking for. No games or silliness.