Thomas Cook

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interim Interview

Interim
Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Thomas Cook in May 2013.

Interview Details – Sent email with interest in role with CV, received email next day with proposed date for interview, attended interview two days later, verbal offer there and then.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult questions, only difficulty was not matching my previous day rate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short but conclusive

Resourcing Business Partner Interview

Resourcing Business Partner
Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomas Cook in October 2008.

Interview Details – 2 stage interview process consisted of a comprehensive competency based interview and a more informal 'get to know you' session with an existing member of the team. The Resourcing Manager gave a considerable amount of information about the role and the company. The competency questions were mostly relevant and some were challenging. Generally it was a professional and robust process.

Interview Question – The competency questions were challenging in that they focus on the ability to demonstrate self awareness in complex stakeholder management situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager was very up front at the beginning what the range was, I was equally honest about the amount I was looking for, which was within the range. At offer stage I received the amount I was looking for. No games or silliness.

Worked for Thomas Cook? Contribute to the Community!