Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.9

Patient Account Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

I heard of the job opening from a friend. I was called in for one interview and was notified later that day I was hired. I was scheduled for a physical and upon passing was sent for orientation and classes to learn the system I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • If you are hired to work for this company what will you bring to them, and what do you expect to be brought to you.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant I Interview

Applied through their online database. Interviewed 2 wks later. mostly asked questions about past work experience and studies. The interview was laid back, more conversational. I was in a conference room with two interviewers.

Senior Data Analyst/Bio Statistician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

in depth interview-interviewed by several physicians,nurses in a hospital program. Department was not ready for me to join their group even thouygh there were a at least a few weeks before I initially started my position. Poor planning for a new employee.

seamless

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

My initial job interview was quite unique. I was basically begging for the job, and not taking no for an answer. I explained my assets and how I would be a great mix for my unit and for the institution. I got the job!

No negotiations.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

I knew somebody that was friends with the manager. That is how I found out about the job opening. I applied and was called for a interview that same week.

Systems Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Initially, a head hunter told me about this job. I had 3 interviews. The first one was with my future manager. The next one was with my future coworkers. I had one more with my future manager.

Interview Questions
    • This interview was done 17 years ago. They were most interested in my prior experience and did not try to catch me on a question. I provided this information in great detail.   Answer Question

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in April 2013.

There are 2 interview process. First, I was interviewed with human resources. After I passed the interviewed, HR decided what unit i will work for and take me to the nurse manager for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult patients?   View Answer
    salary was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in August 2011.

I applied online with a resume and short "cover letter" to the TJUH website.
    I was contacted (via email) a week later about the two positions I applied for. I was sent a link to a "skills test" that was a mandatory step in the process. Once I "passed" the online skills assessment, I would contacted directly by phone to set up interviews for the positions.
    I was contacted by the Nurse Recruiter two days after I submitted my test and we set up a day that I would come to the hospital for my face to face interviews for each department.
    A week later, I was told to come to the Nursing Recruitment office to fill out some paperwork and submit all my relevant documents for the position (state licensure, child abuse clearance, FBI background check, CPR card, etc etc).
    After the paperwork was done I was escorted to my first interview. It was with the Nurse Manager of the department and the Assistant Manager. It was in a small office where I was asked realistic and relevant questions about my work background and how I could / would adapt to working at the TJUH. The interview took about an hour. Both interviewers were friendly and knowledgable about what their department's needs were and what I would be expected to do while employed there.
    I was then sent (with directions) to another building on the campus for my next interview.
    I interviewed with 3 people from the department - the Nurse Manager, and the two Nurse Educators.
    The panel interview was pleasant and very informative. They each asked two or three questions of varying topics. The interview took a little over and hour and I was told I would be contacted by the Nurse Recruitment department if I was an appropriate candidate for the position(s).
    A few days later I was contacted with a job offer from the hospital and the process moved forward without any problems.

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Hr recruiting is very good and organized. They contact you after you submit online application. You should follow up and confirm your application was accepted.
    The process is very very slow so you must follow up regularly with HR and hiring manager.
    Panel and staff interviews. Doctors interviewed me also. Multiple interviews because of the complexity of the hospital.

Interview Questions
    • Wy do you want to work in this department in this role?   View Answer
    Spoe with HR and negotiated salary and benefits.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Applied online, contacted a few months after submitting application. Interview with department manager and employees lasted just over an hour. Contacted within 1 week with informal job offer. Human resources drug their feet with a formal offer, which came about 6 weeks later. Negotiated and accepted an offer. Must complete drug testing, immunizations (many of them, which are tested for current concentration in blood), background check (about 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
    • Had a few questions about very specific content areas within the scope of the job.   Answer Question
    Offered position informally by department manager, then formally by human resources. Offered salary in letter, but was able to negotiate up for commuting expenses.