Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I met briefly with a young woman from HR who discussed the hospitals values and their benefit package. There was a large group of RNs who were beginning their orientation that day- at least 30 of them. A young woman sat in the chair next to me before I was called and was sitting there after we finished. I suppose she was being interviewed next. I was then escorted to the department I was interviewing for. She was very friendly and we chatted during our walk.

Interview Questions

• She asked how I dealt with people from other cultures or who shared different values/views than I did.   1 Answer

Patient Account Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I heard of the job opening from a friend. I was called in for one interview and was notified later that day I was hired. I was scheduled for a physical and upon passing was sent for orientation and classes to learn the system I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• If you are hired to work for this company what will you bring to them, and what do you expect to be brought to you.   1 Answer

Interview

Applied through their online database. Interviewed 2 wks later. mostly asked questions about past work experience and studies. The interview was laid back, more conversational. I was in a conference room with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

in depth interview-interviewed by several physicians,nurses in a hospital program. Department was not ready for me to join their group even thouygh there were a at least a few weeks before I initially started my position. Poor planning for a new employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

seamless

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

My initial job interview was quite unique. I was basically begging for the job, and not taking no for an answer. I explained my assets and how I would be a great mix for my unit and for the institution. I got the job!

Interview Questions

• "What is your greatest asset?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

I knew somebody that was friends with the manager. That is how I found out about the job opening. I applied and was called for a interview that same week.

Systems Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initially, a head hunter told me about this job. I had 3 interviews. The first one was with my future manager. The next one was with my future coworkers. I had one more with my future manager.

Interview Questions

• This interview was done 17 years ago. They were most interested in my prior experience and did not try to catch me on a question. I provided this information in great detail.   Answer Question

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

There are 2 interview process. First, I was interviewed with human resources. After I passed the interviewed, HR decided what unit i will work for and take me to the nurse manager for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult patients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary was set

Patient Safety Companion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Phila, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was a standard interview in difficulty. Not too strenuous on me. It turned into a very relaxed and casual conversation. It was a one-on-one setting. I met with the director & she was very nice and easy to talk to. The office environment there seemed comfortable & inviting.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in five years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a resume and short "cover letter" to the TJUH website. I was contacted (via email) a week later about the two positions I applied for. I was sent a link to a "skills test" that was a mandatory step in the process. Once I "passed" the online skills assessment, I would contacted directly by phone to set up interviews for the positions. I was contacted by the Nurse Recruiter two days after I submitted my test and we set up a day that I would come to the hospital for my face to face interviews for each department. A week later, I was told to come to the Nursing Recruitment office to fill out some paperwork and submit all my relevant documents for the position (state licensure, child abuse clearance, FBI background check, CPR card, etc etc). After the paperwork was done I was escorted to my first interview. It was with the Nurse Manager of the department and the Assistant Manager. It was in a small office where I was asked realistic and relevant questions about my work background and how I could / would adapt to working at the TJUH. The interview took about an hour. Both interviewers were friendly and knowledgable about what their department's needs were and what I would be expected to do while employed there. I was then sent (with directions) to another building on the campus for my next interview. I interviewed with 3 people from the department - the Nurse Manager, and the two Nurse Educators. The panel interview was pleasant and very informative. They each asked two or three questions of varying topics. The interview took a little over and hour and I was told I would be contacted by the Nurse Recruitment department if I was an appropriate candidate for the position(s). A few days later I was contacted with a job offer from the hospital and the process moved forward without any problems.