Thomas Jefferson University

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.3

Research Technician Interview

I submitted an online application and had 2 rounds of interview. The first one was with HR and the second was with the PI and the lab members. The interviews were followed by an offer via telephone and confirmed via email.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in March 2013.

I was first called for a phone interview that lasted roughly 10-15 minutes. Then early the next week, I visited the offices for my interview which was straight forward. I met with one of the research assistants first, then talked with one of my supervisors which was very informative. The final interview that day was with my direct supervisor which I thought was a very uninteresting interview and just bland all around.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything unexpected. Questions were asked about my publications and the previous experience with Breast Cancer and Heart Disease.   Answer Question

The direct supervisor was not proactive and would micromanage all projects

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

I was referred by a current employee. Therefore, I was able to have an inside track on the hiring process and I went directly to the contact I would be working for. I still had to go through a basic interview with HR, but I was able to speak with the people I would be working with without a rigorous HR interview. I had a few phone interviews as well an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary. They wanted to offer me a couple thousand dollars less than I was hoping for, but I was able to negotiate up to what I wanted.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2013.

An interview process was not hard for me, because I already hold this position, and this is the contract position for a month at the department I was graduating from.

Research Assistant C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2010.

I was a student intern at my job first and my boss liked my work so much that she extended an offer to be a paid employee upon my graduation. I never had a real formal interview. However, I had to meet with HR so they could review my credentials to make sure that I truly was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was just asked if I was conscious of my decisions and also a conscientious person.   Answer Question

Development Officer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

Applied in early December took over 3 weeks to hear back, then phone interview.. They said I had to wait about three weeks. A month passed and they sent a letter with rejection.

Interview Questions
    • They badmouthed the sexism and old politics of the office and asked my take on it..whether I was up for a challenge.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in November 2010.

Initially interviewed by phone by one of the engineers on staff.
    A week later was an in person interview with a number of members on staff at one time. They ask you general interview questions at first. After that, they give a quick test on various technologies that they use there. If you pass the test, you get to meet with the hiring director to discuss salary requirements, etc.

The area they work in doesn't seem all that great, very small cubes, kind of old and run down. The employees seemed happy though, and everyone was upbeat.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult problem / incident from your current job and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Worked for Thomas Jefferson University? Contribute to the Community!