Thomas Jefferson University Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.2

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application the day the job was posted. HR contacted me about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with the PI of the lab. HR did not interview me at all. The representative simply read the job description to me, asked for my salary requirements and scheduled the interview. My interview took place 2 days later. I spoke to the PI for about an hour. We had a very laid back conversation; he explained his lab's current research projects and we chatted about life in general. He then gave me a brief tour of his lab and I got to informally chat with two of his lab members. A few days after the interview HR contacted me again for reference and employment verification information.

Interview Questions

• I'd say my experience was more like a graduate school interview than a job interview. We had a casual conversation as opposed to an actual interview.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

An interview process was not hard for me, because I already hold this position, and this is the contract position for a month at the department I was graduating from.

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was first called for a phone interview that lasted roughly 10-15 minutes. Then early the next week, I visited the offices for my interview which was straight forward. I met with one of the research assistants first, then talked with one of my supervisors which was very informative. The final interview that day was with my direct supervisor which I thought was a very uninteresting interview and just bland all around.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything unexpected. Questions were asked about my publications and the previous experience with Breast Cancer and Heart Disease.   Answer Question

The direct supervisor was not proactive and would micromanage all projects

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially interviewed by phone by one of the engineers on staff.
    A week later was an in person interview with a number of members on staff at one time. They ask you general interview questions at first. After that, they give a quick test on various technologies that they use there. If you pass the test, you get to meet with the hiring director to discuss salary requirements, etc.

The area they work in doesn't seem all that great, very small cubes, kind of old and run down. The employees seemed happy though, and everyone was upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult problem / incident from your current job and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Research Assistant C Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was a student intern at my job first and my boss liked my work so much that she extended an offer to be a paid employee upon my graduation. I never had a real formal interview. However, I had to meet with HR so they could review my credentials to make sure that I truly was qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked if I was conscious of my decisions and also a conscientious person.   Answer Question