Thomas Jefferson University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant II Interview

Research Assistant II
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called for a phone interview that lasted roughly 10-15 minutes. Then early the next week, I visited the offices for my interview which was straight forward. I met with one of the research assistants first, then talked with one of my supervisors which was very informative. The final interview that day was with my direct supervisor which I thought was a very uninteresting interview and just bland all around.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything unexpected. Questions were asked about my publications and the previous experience with Breast Cancer and Heart Disease.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The direct supervisor was not proactive and would micromanage all projects

Lab Manager Interview

Lab Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2013.

Interview Details – An interview process was not hard for me, because I already hold this position, and this is the contract position for a month at the department I was graduating from.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant C Interview

Research Assistant C
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was a student intern at my job first and my boss liked my work so much that she extended an offer to be a paid employee upon my graduation. I never had a real formal interview. However, I had to meet with HR so they could review my credentials to make sure that I truly was qualified for the position.

Interview Question – I was just asked if I was conscious of my decisions and also a conscientious person.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed by phone by one of the engineers on staff.
A week later was an in person interview with a number of members on staff at one time. They ask you general interview questions at first. After that, they give a quick test on various technologies that they use there. If you pass the test, you get to meet with the hiring director to discuss salary requirements, etc.

The area they work in doesn't seem all that great, very small cubes, kind of old and run down. The employees seemed happy though, and everyone was upbeat.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult problem / incident from your current job and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Worked for Thomas Jefferson University? Contribute to the Community!