Thomas Publishing Company LLC

Engaged Employer

Thomas Publishing Company LLC Interview Questions

2.1

Production Assistant Interview

Interview

Agency pre-liminary interview w/ discussion of overall experieince,intrests, goals then I was referred to Thomas Publishing for an interview as a productions assisitant. Met with the HR department at the NY HQ the recruiter was very nice but I was her last interview before she quit. She asked many questions told me about the job and then warned me about my potential manager that his personality was a little over the top and not to let that throw me off or offend and then she took me back to tour the dept. and interview with the manager. That interview lasted 3 mins. and was over and I left. Didn't get the impression that the interview went well w/the manager but that afternoon I was made an offer and the accepted and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they made an offer take it or leave it

Application

interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in a phone interview, she was very friendly and asked basic background questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was very persistent about asking for salary expectations and past salary information.   Answer Question

I received a different offer.

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone call to come in, seemed rather rude but actually the nicest lady. Gave hw to look over website and do a product search

Interview Questions

• Why Thomas knowing its not the traditional publishing you were looking for? Position used to be editor and a lot of aspiring editors go in for the job. Really no hard balls. She repeats how boring the work is, which seems hard to overcome if you really want excitement. Ask if you've ever done research. Anything counts really here   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Here's what you get paid, take it or leave it. Don't really tell you unless you ask.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process was pleasant. Everybody here goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I had a short phone screening, then met the screener from HR in person, then interviewed with my department and received a phone call from HR within a few hours of the final interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when your work was criticized?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't have to. They actually offered me $5,000 over what I asked for.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I went on the interview and the recruiter was reasonably competent but the hiring manager was very rude and didn't appear to be interested in the meeting. The recruiter didn't have the courtesy to follow up with next steps.

Interview Questions

• None. The recruiter was not well versed in domain area. I had to explain industry and subject matter.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC in July 2012.

Interview

Very easy, Questions asked where of my background and how I could apply my skills to the company. Basically How could I interact with customers. The HR rep was terrible, she setup the time but didn't even show up at all. HR department is very disorganized. But the department I interviewed with was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• My favorite superhero? was one of the questions but other than that it was pretty standard ( Who and what do you think thomasnet does?)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Two Interviews - Asked to do an exercise to prove skills and took a 'sales personality test'

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Sales Director Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomas Publishing Company LLC in September 2010.

Interview

Very fast process with great people. The interview process is based on a phone interview with the VP of HR and a 1:1 with the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• How have you built teams in the past, describe the support you were provided.   Answer Question

Inadiquite compensation