Thomas & Betts Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in May 2012.

You would expect a CAD test if you're applying for a drafting position, so that's OK. But you would expect the test to be right... I took their 45 minute "test" and passed in about 10 minutes, and then explained to them how it was totally screwed up.

After that, the interviewing process was nothing special. "What are your strengths/weaknesses, nothing creative there. Very typical.

Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Just that typical "What are your weaknesses" question   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, and to this day, things like pay NEVER get negotiated

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in January 2013.

A phone interview, a multiround in person with HR and the Sales Manager, Phone interviews with the regional VP sales and the VP

Interview Questions
    pre-negotiated and got it the next day in writing

Design Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in October 2013.

The initial communication from the Human Resources Department at Thomas & Betts was very comforting and lends to the fact that there are great people working at this company. After speaking with the HR Manager, I was simply asked to have an on-site interview with the Plant Manager, Engineering Manager, and an Engineer within the company. This, too, was a very natural, comfortable experience, as the current employees (from the Plant Manager to the Engineer) were very personable, and asked useful questions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, "What do you see yourself doing in 10 years, and how did you get there?"   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate for the salary directly with the HR Manager of the site. They were very professional, and allowed counter-offers without rescinding the initial offer.

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomas & Betts.

All day interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Thomas & Betts.

Rejected after they learnt that I'm an international student. This was really frustrating as I was told on the phone that they don't have a problem with that.

The interview process was pretty general. I sent my resume with a cover letter online and received a call from them after a week for an interview.

Management Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in January 2009.

Very little communication or planning went into the hiring process. Surprisingly the interview was mainly with management, with the standard questions. The pre-screening was minimal compared to other companies.

Interview Questions
    • The off the wall questions like what's your biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiating as they would not pay much. Salaries were low at the plant I worked at unless you were one of the old timers.

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomas & Betts.

-Take aggressive, unrealistic CAD test
    -Interview with supervisor
    -Interview with supervisor
    -Interview with HR

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers were not prepared for interview. They asked cliched questions such as, "Tell me some of your strengths" and "In three words describe yourself."   Answer Question

Quotations Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomas & Betts.

You will go through interviews with several managers. First interview will be with Human Resources. Second interview will be with a product manager. Third interview will be with Regional manager and final will be with your departmental manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult. One unexpected question was asked. Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer
    Very simple but if you do go to work for them make sure you get the salary you want. Raises are few and far between and not very good when you do get one

Mechanical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hackettstown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in April 2010.

My initial interview was one week after I applied for a job. I had taken an intelligence test and had an introductory interview with a supervisor and a human resources employee. After a couple weeks I was called in for a second interview where I took a drug test and was given word that a job was available to me if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • why did your military experiance end earlier then what was contracted?   View Answer
    negotiate? theres no negotiation for an entry level job at thomas and betts...

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Thomas & Betts in April 2013.

First I did a "mechanical" test, looks more like a logical test. Second I had an interview and they asked me what are my personals projects and my professionals projects and we discuss about the company. Third I get an physical test in a clinic.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work alone or in equip with someone else?   Answer Question

Worked for Thomas & Betts? Contribute to the Community!