Thomas & Betts

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas & Betts.

The interview was a very informal process. I received a phone call from the manager of the area who picked a place to meet up with me at. The location was an out of the way coffee show where we sat, drank coffee and discussed what the job was about. Questions about electrical work where asked, as well as willingness to travel in area (the state I was living in) as well as to corporate for training yearly.

Interview Questions
    • None really, it was more of a common everyday conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas & Betts.

All day interview

Design Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomas & Betts in October 2013.

The initial communication from the Human Resources Department at Thomas & Betts was very comforting and lends to the fact that there are great people working at this company. After speaking with the HR Manager, I was simply asked to have an on-site interview with the Plant Manager, Engineering Manager, and an Engineer within the company. This, too, was a very natural, comfortable experience, as the current employees (from the Plant Manager to the Engineer) were very personable, and asked useful questions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, "What do you see yourself doing in 10 years, and how did you get there?"   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate for the salary directly with the HR Manager of the site. They were very professional, and allowed counter-offers without rescinding the initial offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomas & Betts.

Rejected after they learnt that I'm an international student. This was really frustrating as I was told on the phone that they don't have a problem with that.

The interview process was pretty general. I sent my resume with a cover letter online and received a call from them after a week for an interview.

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomas & Betts.

-Take aggressive, unrealistic CAD test
    -Interview with supervisor
    -Interview with supervisor
    -Interview with HR

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers were not prepared for interview. They asked cliched questions such as, "Tell me some of your strengths" and "In three words describe yourself."   Answer Question

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomas & Betts in January 2013.

A phone interview, a multiround in person with HR and the Sales Manager, Phone interviews with the regional VP sales and the VP

Interview Questions
    pre-negotiated and got it the next day in writing

Quotations Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomas & Betts.

You will go through interviews with several managers. First interview will be with Human Resources. Second interview will be with a product manager. Third interview will be with Regional manager and final will be with your departmental manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult. One unexpected question was asked. Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answer
    Very simple but if you do go to work for them make sure you get the salary you want. Raises are few and far between and not very good when you do get one

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomas & Betts in May 2012.

You would expect a CAD test if you're applying for a drafting position, so that's OK. But you would expect the test to be right... I took their 45 minute "test" and passed in about 10 minutes, and then explained to them how it was totally screwed up.

After that, the interviewing process was nothing special. "What are your strengths/weaknesses, nothing creative there. Very typical.

Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Just that typical "What are your weaknesses" question   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, and to this day, things like pay NEVER get negotiated

Mechanical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomas & Betts in April 2010.

My initial interview was one week after I applied for a job. I had taken an intelligence test and had an introductory interview with a supervisor and a human resources employee. After a couple weeks I was called in for a second interview where I took a drug test and was given word that a job was available to me if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • why did your military experiance end earlier then what was contracted?   View Answer
    negotiate? theres no negotiation for an entry level job at thomas and betts...

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomas & Betts in January 2009.

Very little communication or planning went into the hiring process. Surprisingly the interview was mainly with management, with the standard questions. The pre-screening was minimal compared to other companies.

Interview Questions
    • The off the wall questions like what's your biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiating as they would not pay much. Salaries were low at the plant I worked at unless you were one of the old timers.