Thomasville Furniture

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomasville Furniture

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomasville Furniture in July 2014.

had an interview about my background. I twas told I had a huge skill set,..but the annoying thing was after my interview the catty people working in the store demanded I talk to them before I walked out. They ask all kinds of questions,..but I can tell you after I was hired, that it was more about adhering to some rigid policies by their foreign owners from China. Company seems to be going through alot of turnover,.. and I don't think it's because of the company's bankruptcy. It's about the store managers. Their Tempe location is a snake pit... run if you can.

Interview Questions
    • Being snagged by sales people before I left the store wanted to know who the person was that was in an interview for 3 hours.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomasville Furniture.

Design Test. Got the impression that they fire people every three months if you don't meet sales goals. There was only one person there who had been there more than 3 months.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomasville Furniture in January 2012.

I was first interviewed by the store manager. She mostly talked and didn't ask questions. She told me that I would be making $25,000/year and failed to mention that it is actually an hourly pay rate, not salary...and works out to more like $21,000. She also talked in great length about the potential to make $75k/year on up.

After that interview, I came back for another interview where you are given a mock client to design for with resources from the design center.

After that, you are called back to meet with the district manager. She "couldn't be there" and called into the interview and seemed as though it was just another check on her to do list.....I came to find out that this was just the first sign of her very hands off approach to managing.

Don't do it. Walk away. This job fell in my lap when I was desperate for work, and I took it despite sensing all the red flags.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomasville Furniture in October 2011.

Very confusing as the district manager was fired during the interview processes. It took several weeks to hear back from anyone then it was full steam ahead.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be in Chicago tomorrow by 10:00 am for an in person interview with the corporate trainer?   View Answer
    There was no option for negotiation I either accepted the offer or declined it.

Interior Design Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomasville Furniture in February 2011.

Step One: Phone Interview
    Step Two: Face to Face Interview
    Step Three: Design Skills Test
    Step Four: Background Check & Drug Test

Managers were professional, yet friendly and have a sense of humor. Employees in the showroom were curious, yet still friendly. Showroom was inviting - not snobby.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave (previous employer)? For every single employer on my resume.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate pay.