Thompson Hospitality

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thompson Hospitality

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thompson Hospitality in August 2014.

Very chaotic, unprofessional and frustrating. Spoke with the recruiter several times before being able to come up with a good time. I spoke with the recruiter at least 3 times before he could come up with a time the President was available. The process was very chaotic because they were disorganized and the president decided he didn't want to interview me probably on sight.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thompson Hospitality in June 2013.

in person short interview about personality reallly

Interview Questions
    able to negotiate need good people

Chef Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Thompson Hospitality in March 2011.

I was contacted by a "Head Hunter" who bugged me for 3 months before I would give her a resume. After that I was bugged by the recruiter for 2 months. Finally, I had a phone interview. During this interview I was promised a pay increase and promotion within 6 months. I was told what my job duties would be, and that everyone at the company (even the owner) had reviewed my resume and they were very interested in bringing me on board. I had an in person interview with the COO of the company, during this interview we discussed nothing important to the job role. When I was hired I was told that there was a bonus program (of at least $1,000 a quarter) this is untrue, I was told there was a 401K program (I tried to contact benifits department numorous times and they refused to tell me anything about it), I was told that I would be reimbursed for moving and I was not.

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask difficult questions, and they have zero insight into the food service world   Answer Question
    I was promised many thing that the company never followed through with.

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thompson Hospitality in August 2010.

I was initially contacted by a current GM of one of their locations, and was scheduled for an interview with the one of the Vice Presidents of the company. The interview was held at one of the downtown restaurants. The interviewer was held up, but arrived with other members of the company, and they seemed pressed for time. I was immediately asked about my salary expectations, and my answer garnered no response. They proceeded to discuss the inception of the company and the philosophies and culture established. I was asked a few general questions,regarding my work history, but as I had come recommended, and there were time constraints the interview was relatively short. At the time, I though that a bad sign, but looking back, it was likely due to the heavy schedule of the parties involved.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in taking a significant cut in your current salary to be in a company with such growth potential?   Answer Question

Salary

Executive Chef Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Thompson Hospitality.

several phone interviews two with a recruiter and one with the corporate executive chef, then a practical interview involving cooking a meal for one, 4 oz. of protein, 3 oz. of starch, and 3 oz. of vegetables, this part of the interview process is critical due to the market in which they service, as well as a written test, preferred at the location you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • they lay out everything in the pre paperwork that you have to sign before the interview, so nothing was unexpected and the test questions are not hard, at all just detailed.   Answer Question
    it was fairly simple, they offered a number they were looking to pay for the position, after my phone interviews and practical interview they cam with another number that was higher than the initial and I accepted