Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Ann Arbor, MI

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Business Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Easy 15 min phone interview, then went through a longer phone interview a couple weeks later asking more technical (simple computer programming) questions, followed by a tour of the office and 2 1:1 interviews in-office. Received a winter term offer but didn't want to take a whole semester off of school.

Interview Questions

• Favorite and least favorite class and why?   1 Answer

Didn't want to take my entire Winter semester off of school

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 28, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer went over the process with me thoroughly and went over two behavioral questions. Sadly, it felt like two at most questions was a bad sign in an interview so I lost hope. Did not like how they did not provide a follow up email indicating I did not move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to deal with a displeased customer and how did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process was very similar to most large organizations. I received a call from a recruiter, who asked why I was interested in the position. What my work history consisted of, along with my education level. I then went in for a face to face interview, waited about 10 days and was called back for a second interview with the VP. I was offered the position at the second meeting and accepted. As a whole, I thought the process was conducted very well, and I felt I was treated very fairly.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked was, why had I never stayed with a company for more than 5 years? After I explained the reasons behind my moves, they were satisfied with the explanation. Although, it did come up again at my final meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I was informed that there is a range that they're able to offer. I naturally pushed for the top end of the range, and I was given the highest pay within their structure.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First was a telephone interview with a recruiter. Second was a meeting with the customer service director and one of the lead Reps. Third interview was with the Vice President of the division and the woman I would be working with. They chose to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had to act quickly and made the wrong decision?   Answer Question

Business Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a call for a phone interview a week later. Did a phone interview and went to the Ann Arbor office for an on site interview. The interview was basic questions. For example tell me how you would trouble shoot a printer problem, give me an example of a time you fixed something technology related, give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a client. Process was pretty easy. At the Ann Arbor office you get to sit with a current employee and listen to their calls for an hour so you get a feel for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when someone wasn't happy with the answer you gave them and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

I thought it was going to be more business and technology oriented, but it turns out to be more about answering the phones all day answering questions. I did not want to sit in a cube all day and answer phones so I declined the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

There were a phone screening the first week at first, then followed with a 35 mins phone interview asking questions, such as how do you fix a computer problem? Why do you want to work for thomson Reuters? Then the third week comes with a on site interview, expecting 3 to 4 hours for this one, including a tour, two session interviews.

Analytic Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a quick (30 min) phone interview with a recruiter and was called back for a 3 hour interview. The longer interview was 1 hour with the director, 1 hour with a senior manager and 1 hour with the manager.

Interview Questions

They offered me a position when one opened. They had interviewed me with no available position.

MyPay Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview was a 30 minute phone conversation about the position, why i'm interested and some of my experiences. went in for an on-site interview after a week. interviewed with two teams of two people. they used the "STAR" technique, where i was presented with a situation (relating to sales) and had to describe what i did in the past when confronted with this situation and what the results of my actions were. all of i was able to answer using past experiences, nothing really to prepare for. asked the basic walk me through your resume and so on. got an offer less than a week later and accepted it

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you went above and beyond to make a sale   Answer Question
    • describe a situation where you had to work hard to reach a goal   Answer Question

Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then in office internview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a problem with technology and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Questions

• How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question