Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Bangalore

Updated Mar 22, 2015

3.2

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2015.

From monster my resume had been shortlisted for this intrvw. It was my 1st technical round ever so i was fully nervous.they asked me all questions what i mentioned in my resume.then some que abt QTP, C, VB script and sql. they wll ask u que related to ur project and draw the dig of ur project home page and explain the each functionality and so on.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2015.

I was referred by one of the employee in Thomson Reuters.
    totally there were 4 rounds. 1st round was written test which includes general aptitude(10 questions), Java Technical questions(10 questions) and 2 programs. Followed by 2 technical rounds and Final personal interview round.

Interview Questions
    • 1. In written test they will ask basic programs(sorting, searching, palindrome, prime number, fact,fibbo etc..) it will be easy.
      2. In my first technical round they asked about my project and basic java questions (oops concept, final,finalize,finally block difference, abstract, interface etc..) 20 mins round.. they were very friendly :)
      3.) Second technical round was bit difficult they asked to write doubly linked list algorithm, tree set, single ton class, file handling(reading from file and display) prgms, queries on project etc...

I got rejected in second round.. :( . in second technical round out of 17 ppl they selected 4 ppl for final round(personal interview).

All the best guys.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I have applied through recruiter .Process was slow but on time. It took 3 day. First round was apti and technical apti follwed by face to face and HR .

Java SSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

2 Rounds Technical followed by 1 HR round. questions on Questions are basic starting from OOPs Concepts, String Handling, Exception Handling, Collections, JDBC, JSP, Servlets to Frameworks. If you are 5+ years of experience then expect questions from design patters as well. Over all they check you attitude and technical abilities.

Having a better offer

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

I got a call from the HR with reference to my resume in a Job portal and scheduled a F2F interview on a weekend. The interview happened in the Yamlur road office in Bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was good but the questions were too theoritical. For a 6+ years professional in Java/J2EE they had a couple of ladies with barely 3 years of experience in the panel.
      1) What is the Servlet class hierarchy?
      2) What will happen if you call Servlet's destroy method from init method?
      3) Design a class diagram and write the high level logic for a game of chess

I found most of the questions were from a website in the list of J2EE interview questions. And these ladies were not ready to take any answer other than whatever they see in the website or think is correct.

Please have people with good understanding on technology and enough experience in the panel

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2014.

OOPS, Collections,JDBS,hibernnate, Struts, Design pattern

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Contacted by mail and had around 3 rounds of interview, 2 technical and 1 HR round. All the interviews where face to face. The interview process was quick and went without any hurdles. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are both technical and scenario based. Based on your experience and the question difficulty varies   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

It's long back, do not remember much. Expected skill and knowledge for level were tested

none