Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

3.2

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

They will negotiate a lot

Java SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

2 Rounds Technical followed by 1 HR round. questions on Questions are basic starting from OOPs Concepts, String Handling, Exception Handling, Collections, JDBC, JSP, Servlets to Frameworks. If you are 5+ years of experience then expect questions from design patters as well. Over all they check you attitude and technical abilities.

Having a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

I got a call from the HR with reference to my resume in a Job portal and scheduled a F2F interview on a weekend. The interview happened in the Yamlur road office in Bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was good but the questions were too theoritical. For a 6+ years professional in Java/J2EE they had a couple of ladies with barely 3 years of experience in the panel.
      1) What is the Servlet class hierarchy?
      2) What will happen if you call Servlet's destroy method from init method?
      3) Design a class diagram and write the high level logic for a game of chess

I found most of the questions were from a website in the list of J2EE interview questions. And these ladies were not ready to take any answer other than whatever they see in the website or think is correct.

Please have people with good understanding on technology and enough experience in the panel
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2014.

OOPS, Collections,JDBS,hibernnate, Struts, Design pattern

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Contacted by mail and had around 3 rounds of interview, 2 technical and 1 HR round. All the interviews where face to face. The interview process was quick and went without any hurdles. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are both technical and scenario based. Based on your experience and the question difficulty varies   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

It's long back, do not remember much. Expected skill and knowledge for level were tested

none

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2013.

It was a very good experience. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Interviewers were excellent to speak to. They were polite and eager to learn about me and explain to me what the role is about, Questions were relevant and pertaining to my experience and the position I had applied for.

Interview Questions
    • What would be my 3 months, 6 months and 9 months plan to get the desired output and exceed the same from my team?   Answer Question
    Yes was able to negotiate. Given the criticality of the position you have applied for and the diversity of responsibility you would happen to own you can easily negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Typically 1-2 rounds. Questions center around capital markets and situation based questions.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2013.

First round: telephonic screening round. Was asked about my experience, roles and responsibilities.
    Second round: face to face. Detailed technical round. Was asked to explain the architecture of latest project. Was questioned on design decisions, optimizations etc. Basic questions on WPF, OOAD, C# etc. Not very deep, but superficial knowledge.
    Manager round: Was told about the team structure, nature of work, expected responsibilities etc.
    HR: Salary negotiation.

Since this business was sold to another company, I was not sure about the future of the business.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!