Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Had a phone interview which consisted of questions about why the interest in the position, and a brief overview of your experience. Then roughly a week later I went in for a 3 round interview. The first interview was completely technical to make sure you have the technical aptitude and experience for the position. The other two are behavioral interviews, with little to no technical questions.The whole process only took two weeks and was very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • I was given an impromptu quiz on Microsoft Excel, I also was asked some questions about process improvement experiences and what inputs/outputs were used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2013.

I worked as a contractor for 6 months along with around 20 other people working as a compensation analyst. At the end of my contract I had to reapply for my position and only 5 or 6 people were hired on from the pool of contractors, the rest left.

No ability to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did.

About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Questions
    • Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2011.

Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question
    The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2010.

Was very rigorous, they really want to make sure you are the right fit. You will be asked questions that require you to think on your feet. You will first get a phone interview. This will be followed by an in person two stage interview. Questions in both sections are very different, one is about your knowledge and one is about how you may fit into the organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Fair and good
    Multiple rounds of interview with different managers and HR people. Questions were on fundamentals and specific to the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

had a phone interview first organized around competency questions, afterwards was invited to the face to face interview with two employees of Thomson reuters, where more competency questions were asked

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest failure so far within your career?   View Answer