Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied online - the entire process went smoothly. took approximately 3 weeks to close the position. there was a lot of back and forth with the HR but finally was able to close the position. interview questions were fairly simply nothing too difficult or out of the box.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Brought into a room with my hiring manager and we chatted, then he showed a video and I was asked my thoughts on it. He as genial and a nice person. Got back to me that day with updates on the job.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

Interview

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

3 total interviews; 1 on the phone, 2 in person. None of them were very difficult - the last one was more of a formality than an interview. Culture fit is a really important in this company, so make sure that you are comfortable with the culture before joining. You must be a go-getter and independent because no one will hold your hand here.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Had a phone interview which consisted of questions about why the interest in the position, and a brief overview of your experience. Then roughly a week later I went in for a 3 round interview. The first interview was completely technical to make sure you have the technical aptitude and experience for the position. The other two are behavioral interviews, with little to no technical questions.The whole process only took two weeks and was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• I was given an impromptu quiz on Microsoft Excel, I also was asked some questions about process improvement experiences and what inputs/outputs were used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I worked as a contractor for 6 months along with around 20 other people working as a compensation analyst. At the end of my contract I had to reapply for my position and only 5 or 6 people were hired on from the pool of contractors, the rest left.

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did. About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.