Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Had a phone interview which consisted of questions about why the interest in the position, and a brief overview of your experience. Then roughly a week later I went in for a 3 round interview. The first interview was completely technical to make sure you have the technical aptitude and experience for the position. The other two are behavioral interviews, with little to no technical questions.The whole process only took two weeks and was very efficient.

Interview Questions

• I was given an impromptu quiz on Microsoft Excel, I also was asked some questions about process improvement experiences and what inputs/outputs were used.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I worked as a contractor for 6 months along with around 20 other people working as a compensation analyst. At the end of my contract I had to reapply for my position and only 5 or 6 people were hired on from the pool of contractors, the rest left.

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Phila, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Was very rigorous, they really want to make sure you are the right fit. You will be asked questions that require you to think on your feet. You will first get a phone interview. This will be followed by an in person two stage interview. Questions in both sections are very different, one is about your knowledge and one is about how you may fit into the organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Many rounds of interview before you get onboard. The interview process is very organized as they start with tests for fresher and then take technical round and then one on one with ops manager and then HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I joined as a fresher, so no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

Interview

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Fair and good
    Multiple rounds of interview with different managers and HR people. Questions were on fundamentals and specific to the role.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of me applying at my school's career web site and then within about two weeks was contacted via email to schedule a one on one interview. The interview went well and was extended an office visit but unfortunately the office visit must have not gone as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.