Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

It was quite normal since most of the interview process was either Telephonic or face to face interview with the top management. i was taken a back when they called me for the 2nd round, since i was a little doubtful about my selection

Interview Questions

• What are zero coupon bonds   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did.

About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

had a phone interview first organized around competency questions, afterwards was invited to the face to face interview with two employees of Thomson reuters, where more competency questions were asked

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure so far within your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Fair and good
    Multiple rounds of interview with different managers and HR people. Questions were on fundamentals and specific to the role.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of me applying at my school's career web site and then within about two weeks was contacted via email to schedule a one on one interview. The interview went well and was extended an office visit but unfortunately the office visit must have not gone as well.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

Interview

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Many rounds of interview before you get onboard. The interview process is very organized as they start with tests for fresher and then take technical round and then one on one with ops manager and then HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I joined as a fresher, so no negotiation