Thomson Reuters

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details – As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did.

About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Question – Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – I had one quick phone interview & then a week later had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later, I had a final interview with the Senior Manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. One question that surprised me was, "If you are skilled in (XYZ), why wouldn't you go work for (ABC) Company?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Fair and good
Multiple rounds of interview with different managers and HR people. Questions were on fundamentals and specific to the role.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and face-to-face interview. No logic to the interviewers.

Interview Question – It was a logic question but I cannot recall exactly what it was.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was not bad but expect no annual bonus if you work in Financial & Risk group.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

Interview Details – had a phone interview first organized around competency questions, afterwards was invited to the face to face interview with two employees of Thomson reuters, where more competency questions were asked

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure so far within your career?   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of me applying at my school's career web site and then within about two weeks was contacted via email to schedule a one on one interview. The interview went well and was extended an office visit but unfortunately the office visit must have not gone as well.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have had to troubleshoot?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Question – Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which consisted of questions about why the interest in the position, and a brief overview of your experience. Then roughly a week later I went in for a 3 round interview. The first interview was completely technical to make sure you have the technical aptitude and experience for the position. The other two are behavioral interviews, with little to no technical questions.The whole process only took two weeks and was very efficient.

Interview Question – I was given an impromptu quiz on Microsoft Excel, I also was asked some questions about process improvement experiences and what inputs/outputs were used.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.