Thomson Reuters Business Graduate Program Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Preliminary steps in the process involve completing logic reasoning and math assessment tests online. If you pass those there is a phone interview with a number of behavioral and background questions. If you get accepted for the final stage of the process you have to complete a business assignment several days before going for an interview. The interview is about an hour and a half long and involves a wide array of questions. During the interview they give you the details of a product, which you must create a sales and marketing pitch for. Another component of the interview was a 15-20 minute presentation about why the company should invest in you.

Interview Questions
  • Detail and explain why you are a good investment for the company.
    Create a sales pitch for application X. How will you market the app? Who is your target demographic? How will you price the app? etc.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Business Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

basically it has 4-5 rounds, first round is online application and some competency questions. second round shud be the phone interview from the hr. its not reli hard but u hv to be well prepared on the background of the company. third round shud be the on-site interview, asking you walk thru the cv and some scenarios questions.

Business Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2012.

After almost one month after I applied for the Business Graduate Program online, I received an e-mail inviting me to a competency based telephone interview for approximately 30 min.
    There were approximately 5 questions. Please walk me through your CV and your experiences which are relevant. Why did you apply for TR and why this programme? Is there any reason you consider RT's programme instead of other companies? What does TR do? What kind of products does it offer? Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.

Business Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interviewed through a recruiter on the phone and was asked for a 2:1 interview two weeks later with the Head of Graduate Programs and a former BGP program member, now a Strategic Planning Senior Associate.

Questions were fairly unspecific to Thomson Reuters and were more concerned with how one reacts in certain situations. A few were competency based (asking for real situations and my responses) whilst others were based on hypothetical situations (eg. do you prioritize personal achievement over group achievement if utility outcomes are equal for both decision branches?).

Overall the process seemed somewhat haphazardly organized and it was certainly not the best interview I have had. For instance, it was not until half way through the interview that the Head of Graduate Programs realized that the other interviewer did not have a feedback sheet. Generally speaking TR seems like it is still ailing post merger and the impression I received from both interviews was a significantly less organized a professional company than many of their competitors - Capital IQ, BBG, FactSet etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Business Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2010.

Applied online. Shortly after application a recruiter from UK set up a phone interview with me. It was pretty easy and consisted of competency questions, like why TRI, why you are a good fit, the latest products of TRI. I think it went well. after 6 weeks I got a 1:1 interview that I'm going for the day after tomorrow. Wish me luck...