Thomson Reuters Business Technology Internship Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in December 2012.

I filled out an application online and received a call for a phone interview a week later. Did a phone interview and went to the Ann Arbor office for an on site interview. The interview was basic questions. For example tell me how you would trouble shoot a printer problem, give me an example of a time you fixed something technology related, give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a client. Process was pretty easy. At the Ann Arbor office you get to sit with a current employee and listen to their calls for an hour so you get a feel for the job.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time when someone wasn't happy with the answer you gave them and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

I thought it was going to be more business and technology oriented, but it turns out to be more about answering the phones all day answering questions. I did not want to sit in a cube all day and answer phones so I declined the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

Received an offer to interview with Thomson Reuters after attending a college Career Expo. The interview last for about 15-20 minutes, and consisted of basic behavioral questions, a few questions about myself, and extremely basic computer-related questions. The computer-related questions were along the lines of: "Explain how you would go about moving a file to a different folder." "How you would go about troubleshooting a printer that is not printing," and the like.

The interviewer was very pleasant, and I was requested to come into Thomson Reuter's Ann Arbor office to interview in person. However, this request was ultimately turned down due to Thomson Reuter's inflexibility, regarding the starting date of the internship. The internship was to begin on December 20th, but I needed to travel 750 miles back home, for Winter Break. Thomson Reuter's offered to allow me to start on the 27th of December at the very latest. This required to begin training with their Tax Accounting software on my own, and also required me to leave on Christmas day to get out to Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me how you deal with a customer that is being especially difficult.   Answer Question

The inflexibility of the internship starting date. The rate of pay of $12 per hour was also a contributing factor in this decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2011.

Interview was pretty easy. Basic behavior questions that they would say at any other interview. Started off with some technology questions that I wasn't sure about but they didn't seem to mind. I first had an interview at my school and then another one at their site. They took me around and showed me the place and then I had another interview and same basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from another company

Business/Technology Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Put resume on University Career Services Network. Met on campus at Career Services Center. I was asked questions regarding troubleshooting in a given situation. For example, 1.) The customer is having trouble connecting to a printer 2.) Copy a file to a new folder 3.) Computer is running slow. Interviewer was very nice and accommodating, vague regarding explanation of product being provided.

Interview Questions

I felt as though I didn't require a degree to answer the questions.