Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Organized and well conducted. The entire process was well organized and the interview was conducted well. The interview was conducted at a time convenient for both. The outcome/results were communicated very quickly and there was no need for any follow up and chasing.

Interview Question – Written Test, apptitude and English skills, knowledge of financial markets were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Gdynia (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied many times until i received a call. I had an interview with my future boss, around 1 hour interview. Then I had to do one english test, another test of my language skill (It depends on the role that you are applying for), and then economics test.

Interview Question – Interview is quite easy, they need fresh blood because people leave the company very often.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I couldnt negotiate

Gdynia (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was by phone.
Second one two days after, with my team leader, who asked the usual corporate questions (who do you want to work here, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.) whose answer I had already googled.
Then I made a skill test, which was not super easy, and I didn't answer to all, but I guess it was on purpose.
All went smooth, was called to work soon after that, as the previous employee had left.

Interview Question – All the questions were predictable and standard. I then had the opportunity to understand that my manager sucks at hiring, so I wouldn't expect anything different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate as the base salary is the samefor everyone.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews; first a phone screen and a follow-up on-site interview

Interview Question – What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2012.

Interview Details – firstly it was just a formal introduction followed by knowledge test then technical round and finally HR round.

Interview Question – what do you know about financial market?   Answer Question

Gdynia (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was initial screening process in the first phone interview, then after another phone interview about the competencies, desires and concluded with a job description and awareness factors; which I think was really opened one and therefore a big plus for recruitment team.

After a intensive 2 weeks training, company requires a test and a target result that you must achieve (minimum).

If you pass, the job is yours!

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   View Answer
  • How do you think that you will integrate in our team? and what values can you bring?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Really open-minded as the possibilities here are quite big ones and the management team never stops you to do or change something unless you are not productive. Otherwise, everything goes smooth when it comes to your needs and companies.

Gdynia (Poland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2011.

Interview Details – I heard a lot of negative opinions about Thomson Reuters. I found out about this company from its website.. It was a kind of a hard time to get this job.. Firstly, I got a phone call, it took them like 15 minutes, a few, quick easy questions, which I was able to answer without thinking. Next step was a language skills test, which I get from the staffing agency. I filled it in, got a good mark, so they could recommend me to Thomson Reuters.. Then it took them like 1 month to call me after that, to ask me if I have time to talk to them in english.. I agreed, and had a second quick phone-interview. After that, they invited me to Thomson Reuters main office, where I had a 1-hours numerical, economical and language test. I passed it quite well, can't complain. It always can be better, but it wasn't an end of the 'short' recruitment proccessss... next step was a face-to-face interview with a head of the department they were recruiting to.. The interviewer was nice, asked me a few questions. It was kinda of a discusson, leading to nothing, but still...

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone initerview, then a 1:1 interview and a group interview followed

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Did not want the long hours or commute

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!