Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Eagan, MN

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager, with a bunch of behavioral questions. She also asked about my experience with excel, numbers and analysis programs. I was asked within an hour after the phone interview to come in the following day at the Eagan Campus. The Marketing manager greeted me the following day and lead me to the Senior Director of Strategy. He interviewed me for 45 mins and then gave me 2 case studies. After him, I was taken to a Senior Marketing Analyst for a next interview. (Also 45 mins). I ended the day with a 3rd interview with teh Marketing Manager,

I found out I got the job 4 days after. (They said they were interviewing a few other candidates over the next couple of days) I didn't get the paper offer until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How many apples did Supermarkets sell in Minnesota last year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

1 phone interview followed by a campus tour/1-1 interview. Thought it went really well but then didn't hear back for a month after the campus tour. Beyond that, the experience was pretty positive.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 2, 2015Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and review of your interview experience.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a few phone interviews - they asked what the three qualities that described me, asked me to go through each job that I've had, they gave me situational and behavioral questions to answer, they also gave me an overview of the job as well as the work environment

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to control a situation and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Total: 2+ months. Initial phone screen/interview with HR representative. Several days later, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with 2 hiring managers. I was surprised by how few situation-based questions were asked! The majority of our conversation was ad-hoc. We discussed several points in my resume but also took turns sharing proposal experiences/processes. I was contacted several days later by the hiring manager for writing samples and references. I was asked back for a second round of interviews a few days later. I met with a group of people broken into three interviews with two TR members each. Everyone I met with was kind and enthusiastic. They asked excellent questions and were eager to answer my own as well. Shortly after, I was contacted again to take a writing/RFP analysis test.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?   Answer Question
    • When handling multiple projects, do you prefer to focus on one until it's done, or do work on all at the same time?   1 Answer
    • What would your colleagues say about you?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job, and what led you to TR?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about an accomplishment that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

One-on-one process with Finance Mgr, as well as 2nd round with Director in the office. Questions centered around experience, what you've done in your last couple of roles, as well as where you see yourself in 5 years. A lot of Q&A.

In the end, the managers had internal candidates in mind, so I felt like the interview was more or less a formal nicety than a real opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Core competencies, experiences, as well as your angle to problem-solving and working with large data sets.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Applied online and got a 30min phone interview. Mostly questions about past experience and classes, with just a few technical questions. Interviewer was a bit awkward to talk to, but was otherwise very nice.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewers were on-time and professional. I was interviewed by two Regional Sales Managers whom both asked questions. They followed a standard and consistent format. They both were engaged and straight forward regarding expectations and company culture and work environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to explain prior jobs, successes on those jobs as well as challenges. Ask situational based questions and solutions regarding prior job related experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were conducted during the interview. Salaries were defined and discussed with Human Resources.

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Hiring is first screened by HR so it is helpful to include specific information about how you would be a good candidate for the job you are applying for in your cover letter, along with listing all relevant work experience on your resume, to be sure it is then forwarded on to the hiring manager. Typically a phone interview is first. Be engaging, and upbeat. Next is the in person interview. Support teams are looking for a team player, someone who isn't afraid to help out/is available to help. Often it comes down to relevant experience and how you handled yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Usually a specific scripting question or a linux question to try and gage your knowledge of the application or architecture.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews. First round was on my college campus. Questions covered basic Computer Science knowledge and then a small code challenge. After several weeks I received an invitation to visit the Eagan, MN campus for a tour and a second interview. The second round of interview were conducted by Senior / Lead Software Engineers from the campus. The questions were more about my technical background and the coursework I had studied in college. Overall not extremely challenging if you payed attention during your coursework.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred / favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took many weeks to receive the initial offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

I found the listing on glassdoor and applied through the Thomson Reuters website on a Tuesday morning. I received an email within about an hour requesting a pre-screen phone interview, which we set up for the next day. The phone interview consisted of very typical questions and a summary of the role with one of their Talent Acquisition Specialists. At the end of the phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for Friday afternoon. The interview lasted about an hour. It was a behavioral interview with two of the sales managers. Pretty standard questions. Monday morning I received a call that they wanted to set up a second Role Play interview. We set up the interview for Wednesday afternoon and I was given some information about the products and scenarios to study. After the role play, where I carried out a sales call with of the hiring managers, they had me assess myself and we went over any final questions. I received a call the next morning just before 8am letting me know they wanted to make an offer. The process was very quick and easy, although I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview and role play, so it might be more difficult if not properly prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were creative in order to make your quota. What do you like most/least about sales?   Answer Question