Thomson Reuters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with them twice, once at a conference and once on their campus. The first one was just about personal information and my motivations, strengths and past experiences. The second interview didn't go much beyond that but I got asked some technical questions about databases and object oriented terms. Everyone I spoke with was extremely nice.

Interview Question – Whether I had ever been involved in a business decision, something like that   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2012.

Interview Details – I talked to the representative at the career fair as a sophomore. He seemed impressed by my previous work for a technology company, even though it wasn't programming. He asked me a simple question (What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface?) and when I was able to answer that, he said I was a good candidate and had me apply online. After applying, I got to skip their normal phone screening process and was invited to interview in Eagan.

This was actually frustrating because we were not compensated for travel or room (since the interview started at 9AM, not getting a room was impractical). The interviews itself were fairly simple, I was asked basic character questions and asked to talk about my resume. I interviewed with three groups, and afterwards I was asked to rank them in the order I would like to work for them.

Interview Question – Their questions are not very difficult. I was asked to write a method in Java that could check if any given word was a pallindrome, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I would probably not recommend negotiating for an internship unless you have several offers.

E-Learning Designer/Author Interview

E-Learning Designer/Author
Eagan, MN

I applied in-person and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – The process started with the standard phone call with a recruiter, then transitioned to a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too atypical in terms of interview questions--mostly phrased as, "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Eagan, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. From there, I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting website, as well as through the internal Thomson Reuters system. After I was accepted for an interview, I had a 30 minute interview at my school. I heard back about a week later and was asked to come in for 4 more interviews on the company's Eagan campus. After these four back-to-back interviews, I was offered a finance intern position a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – There weren't any really difficult questions. They were all behavioral based questions and there were no finance technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was with two team members who were very laid back. Interview was very technical and the more you know, the more technical they seemed to get (I answered only when I could, let them know I was guessing at some). Generally a very comfortable interview that really focused on what I could do and what my interests were. Second interview was more focused on personality and whether or not I would be a good fit for the team. They seem very keen on finding people that can not only fill the position, but also mesh well.

Interview Question – Nothing too overwhelming. Two I remember are:

How would you take a list of items and remove any duplicates.

How would you check the string "RACECAR" to determine whether or not it is spelled the same forwards as backwards?
  View Answers (2)

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn asking if I was interested. We then set up a phone interview a few days later. About a week after that, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview at their offices with person who would be my direct supervisor in this role. The interview took about 45 minutes, and the manager stated they would be making a decision within a week regarding next steps. I was never contacted again, and did not even receive a generic rejection email.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward- walk me through your resume, tell me about a difficult problem you solved, how did you deal with a difficult co-worker, etc.   Answer Question

Attorney Editor Interview

Attorney Editor
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. The recruiter asked some generic questions about my background--what experience I had with writing and for how long. The interviewer wouldn't engage personally--only stayed to script and fired questions about the jobs I've had. She seemed busy and hardly had any answers to my questions. I think I got an email from the recruiter about 2 months after they were supposed to have made a decision. I've spoken to other attorneys who have applied for positions with this company and learned this is not unusual. It seems many are frustrated with the application process (not to mention the very low wages) and have given up on pursuing further openings with this employer. It seems to be best suited for new attorneys who have no experience and low compensation.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Interview just asked about what I did in my various positions, a few details about that, and my educational background. No behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Segment Marketing Manager Interview

Segment Marketing Manager
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

Interview Details – My hiring process with Thomson Reuters was exceptional from beginning to end. The entire process only took two weeks. The process included a screening interview with the Recruiter, First round interviews with the hiring director, another director on the team and a manager on the team and second round interviews with my team member and the Vice President. I got the job offer only 3 hours after my second round interviews were complete. The people couldn't have been more friendly and my impression of the company was extremly high.

Interview Question – Understanding what you do about this position, what would you aim to achieve in your first 30, 60, and 90 days?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I absolutely negotiated. It was easy. . .I was made an offer and I asked for approx. 6% more which was accepted by the company.

Senior Marketer Interview

Senior Marketer
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very slow overall process. Lot's of interviews. Had at least 7 interviews total. Three phone interviews, 4 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a a time when you had conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Attorney Editor Interview

Attorney Editor
Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 3 part test, panel interview

Interview Question – Why do you want a non-traditional legal career   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters