Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.7

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer was silent in between questions which made it really difficult to continue talking or gauge how long of an answer she was looking for. It seemed like they were looking for candidates with a good amount of prior experience and/or an MBA. This is definitely not the place to apply for a first internship.

Interview Questions
  • Describe to me the 2008 financial crisis.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2013.

Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Questions
    • When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question
    Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2010.

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back within a week and they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and I listened more than I did the talking. They wanted to tell me about the position and how it was different from their typical roles on their FP&A team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2010.

Employee referral followed by an e-mail from a recruiter requesting my resume. I sent my resume to the recruiter who then followed up with a phone call to ask for basic information like which division and function did I want to intern in as well as what city. He briefly told me about the program and the standard compensation. The recruiter then forwarded my information to a manager in my desired division/function/city and scheduled a time for me to conduct a phone interview with him. My phone interview was very informal and I was later told that it was just a formality required by the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Typically 1-2 rounds. Questions center around capital markets and situation based questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

Three rounds
    1st: Excel test (basics like v-look up. goal seek, modeling, H-look up
    2nd: Technical round
    3rd: HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2009.

Written test and interview. The written test was simple based on financial statements like income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements