Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer was silent in between questions which made it really difficult to continue talking or gauge how long of an answer she was looking for. It seemed like they were looking for candidates with a good amount of prior experience and/or an MBA. This is definitely not the place to apply for a first internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the 2008 financial crisis.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Questions

• When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online directly through their website. Heard back within a week and they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and I listened more than I did the talking. They wanted to tell me about the position and how it was different from their typical roles on their FP&A team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Employee referral followed by an e-mail from a recruiter requesting my resume. I sent my resume to the recruiter who then followed up with a phone call to ask for basic information like which division and function did I want to intern in as well as what city. He briefly told me about the program and the standard compensation. The recruiter then forwarded my information to a manager in my desired division/function/city and scheduled a time for me to conduct a phone interview with him. My phone interview was very informal and I was later told that it was just a formality required by the hiring process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2015.

Interview

First is the initial interview, then English exam (grammar and comprehension), followed by the Finance exam. After these they will call you again for the panel interview and lastly, the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Just the basic interview questions but they focused more on your previous experiences and your academics.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. They asked basic interview questions like tell me something about yourself , your summer internship experience etc. and then 4-5 technical questions. They interviewer is very generous n overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. Any idea about Thomson Reuters. Projects done in the college   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Typically 1-2 rounds. Questions center around capital markets and situation based questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Three rounds 1st: Excel test (basics like v-look up. goal seek, modeling, H-look up 2nd: Technical round 3rd: HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in May 2009.

Interview

Written test and interview. The written test was simple based on financial statements like income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements