Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eagan, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Question – When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2010.

Interview Details – Employee referral followed by an e-mail from a recruiter requesting my resume. I sent my resume to the recruiter who then followed up with a phone call to ask for basic information like which division and function did I want to intern in as well as what city. He briefly told me about the program and the standard compensation. The recruiter then forwarded my information to a manager in my desired division/function/city and scheduled a time for me to conduct a phone interview with him. My phone interview was very informal and I was later told that it was just a formality required by the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online directly through their website. Heard back within a week and they wanted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and I listened more than I did the talking. They wanted to tell me about the position and how it was different from their typical roles on their FP&A team.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – First round was aptitude test and second round was technical round.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Typically 1-2 rounds. Questions center around capital markets and situation based questions.

Interview Question – None if you are well prepared.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2009.

Interview Details – Written test and interview. The written test was simple based on financial statements like income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds
1st: Excel test (basics like v-look up. goal seek, modeling, H-look up
2nd: Technical round
3rd: HR interview

Interview Question – some questions on notes to accounts   Answer Question

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!