Thomson Reuters

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Health Care Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2010.

Contacted via email by corporate recruiter - after agreeing to a 15 minute phone interview the following Monday. The initial phone interview lasted probably not much longer than 5 minutes tops - all questions were straight to the point technical questions about SQL and database building. It was a very short and intense interview and I was expecting to politely turned down and be done with it - to my surprise, I was asked my desired starting salary, told to study up on some finer points and was invited to a face to face interview at the local office during the next week.

At the office, I was given three one hour interviews, one after another after another. The interviewers were all very friendly and the questions weren't difficult, but more personal in nature, why are you interested in the position?, how do you deal with conflict?, etc - absolutely no technical questions as from the phone interview. It was a long process, not terribly difficult, encountering only one question that I struggled with --- I am confident that if I hadn't been exhausted from fighting off a cold, it would be fine.

Notes were taken by each of my interviewers, and I was told that all three interviewers would later hold a conference with my initial corporate recruiter contact and my candidacy would be discussed -- i.e. if I would be a proper fit with company culture, etc. Unfortunately, I was emailed a week later and told I was not hired.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you resolved a conflict with a customer   Answer Question