Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2014.

Interview Details – I found the listing on glassdoor and applied through the Thomson Reuters website on a Tuesday morning. I received an email within about an hour requesting a pre-screen phone interview, which we set up for the next day. The phone interview consisted of very typical questions and a summary of the role with one of their Talent Acquisition Specialists. At the end of the phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for Friday afternoon. The interview lasted about an hour. It was a behavioral interview with two of the sales managers. Pretty standard questions. Monday morning I received a call that they wanted to set up a second Role Play interview. We set up the interview for Wednesday afternoon and I was given some information about the products and scenarios to study. After the role play, where I carried out a sales call with of the hiring managers, they had me assess myself and we went over any final questions. I received a call the next morning just before 8am letting me know they wanted to make an offer. The process was very quick and easy, although I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview and role play, so it might be more difficult if not properly prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were creative in order to make your quota. What do you like most/least about sales?   Answer Question

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviewers asking about background, why the company, if making phone calls all day is ok

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for position

Inside Sales Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2010.

Interview Details – After a brief phone interview, I was offered to do a face to face interview at their offices. It was a series of three hour long interviews with three different managers. There was a lot of questions based on situational reactions. Nothing too difficult to answer but it was a grueling 3 hours going over my resume three different times and asking the same questions three different times.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't get along with a supervisor and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The career of inside sales does not interest me.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!