Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Pre-recorded webcam interview. Followed up by interview. Easy and quick. I don't know what to else about the interview process. It's simple and straightforward. No fuss at all. The whole process was probably 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was an anonymous referral, didn't even give a name of the person who refereed me in the case I turn down the position. Honestly I didn't even interview, I was lead around the building and shown a Starbucks, I brought up some previous experience as we walked and talked about the company. I have 0 experience in finance although position is paid 2 month training then temp to hire after. not a bad gig but really low pay contract position with bad benefits. 12hr non negotiable, really min wage if you pay for benefits, but its free training and after training you can go to intuit or another firm and make 20hr with limited experience. I sat with someone doing phone support for about 20 minuets asked some questions got a overall feel for what I'd be doing. It was a good experience overall, manager was nice I could see myself working with him. If you're offered and in school or just graduated take the offer regardless of pay, you cant beat paid training. Job period is only a few months, then you acquire knowledge about business taxes and a extremely popular tax software that just about every large firm uses. Half of the job is sitting in a classroom other half is on phone support.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experiences with taxes?   1 Answer

Thomson Reuters Response

May 19, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your contract interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for a Software Engineer Intern position online, through their website. I received a phone interview from a member of their technical staff (without prior warning). The interviewer was friendly and asked questions about object-oriented programming and my background. One-two weeks later I received an invitation to come to an onsite interview. Unfortunately, I was asked to pay for my own travel and accommodation for the interview, which I couldn't afford. I had to turn down the interview invite and so I could no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pros and cons of multiple inheritance in C++   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Straight forward resume questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Questions

• In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview

Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus then second round at offices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. From there, I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting website, as well as through the internal Thomson Reuters system. After I was accepted for an interview, I had a 30 minute interview at my school. I heard back about a week later and was asked to come in for 4 more interviews on the company's Eagan campus. After these four back-to-back interviews, I was offered a finance intern position a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really difficult questions. They were all behavioral based questions and there were no finance technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for an internship.