Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – Straight forward resume questions.

Interview Question – Why Thomson Reuters?   Answer Question

Eagan, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Started at an on-campus career fair with a Thomson Reuters recruiter who referred me to the Minneapolis campus for Software Engineering internships. After submitting my resume, was contacted with a brief phone interview about past work and academic experience, no technical questions. After that, was asked to setup an all-day on-campus tour of the tech facility, at which time a more technical interview was held. The on-campus visit was held with a group of others who were also invited, but the interview was held individually. Then had to wait until all campus groups finished, then got offered a summer internship position.

Interview Question – In-person technical interview was among the easier that I've experienced. Was not asked to perform any on-the-spot data structures or algorithm type problem. Mostly asked simple technical programming questions. For example, if doing an SQL query using a left join, what results are returned? Or what's the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered compensation was adequate in my opinion. Attempted to see if they'd offer any relocation or housing compensation, but they do not.

Eagan, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter at a college career fair. From there, I submitted my resume through my college's recruiting website, as well as through the internal Thomson Reuters system. After I was accepted for an interview, I had a 30 minute interview at my school. I heard back about a week later and was asked to come in for 4 more interviews on the company's Eagan campus. After these four back-to-back interviews, I was offered a finance intern position a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – There weren't any really difficult questions. They were all behavioral based questions and there were no finance technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for an internship.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Question – In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – On campus then second round at offices

Interview Question – nothing very hard   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – 2 telephonic interview - one with HR and the other with Associate. Very friendly interview, asked - tell me about yourself, a minicase, questions more related to check my leadership and teamwork skills

Interview Question – A mini case on which Associate was currently working on.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was selected for telephonic Interview through college career fair . The questions are pretty easy but my preparation was not good.

Some of the questions : 1. In a vector how you count the occurrence of each of the element
2. Asked about sorting and one with the best complexity,,, ?? I answered w.r.t merge sort
3. Asked about searching an element in a b tree

Interview Question – Questions weren't tough but i took lot of time in answering so I got a reject   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were a phone screening the first week at first, then followed with a 35 mins phone interview asking questions, such as how do you fix a computer problem? Why do you want to work for thomson Reuters? Then the third week comes with a on site interview, expecting 3 to 4 hours for this one, including a tour, two session interviews.

Interview Question – Fairly easy   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Question – How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.