Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

You will have a written technical and aptitude test (will also ask you to write code) as round 1. shortlisted folks go through a technical interview round (a serious interview, in my case it took 1 hour), will ask you to write code, basic questions are same as others. Then at last you'll have a HR round same as others.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

There were a phone screening the first week at first, then followed with a 35 mins phone interview asking questions, such as how do you fix a computer problem? Why do you want to work for thomson Reuters? Then the third week comes with a on site interview, expecting 3 to 4 hours for this one, including a tour, two session interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Followed up with the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got an Interview call in a day, phone interviews personal and technical. Got to know the result in a day.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Met them first at the university career fair. And got an on campus interview at maverick the company which works close with thomson. There 3 interviewers asked about some personality questions, previous projects and some cs questions but not difficult. Some basic knowledge in data structure. Did not write any code. One design question. About pet shop. They later emailed me to there onsite interview in MN.

Interview Questions

• Describe how u would design a object in java for a pet shop. Some thing like that..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Questions

• How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

Negotiation

All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included