Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

My resume was selected for telephonic Interview through college career fair . The questions are pretty easy but my preparation was not good.

Some of the questions : 1. In a vector how you count the occurrence of each of the element
2. Asked about sorting and one with the best complexity,,, ?? I answered w.r.t merge sort
3. Asked about searching an element in a b tree

Interview Questions
  • Questions weren't tough but i took lot of time in answering so I got a reject   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Met them first at the university career fair. And got an on campus interview at maverick the company which works close with thomson. There 3 interviewers asked about some personality questions, previous projects and some cs questions but not difficult. Some basic knowledge in data structure. Did not write any code. One design question. About pet shop. They later emailed me to there onsite interview in MN.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how u would design a object in java for a pet shop. Some thing like that..   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question
    The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

There were a phone screening the first week at first, then followed with a 35 mins phone interview asking questions, such as how do you fix a computer problem? Why do you want to work for thomson Reuters? Then the third week comes with a on site interview, expecting 3 to 4 hours for this one, including a tour, two session interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Followed up with the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got an Interview call in a day, phone interviews personal and technical. Got to know the result in a day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!