Thomson Reuters

Updated Apr 23, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Interview Question – What may be the future threats for TR business?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty normal. Behavioral, then case interview. Nothing I really oculd've prepared for

Interview Question – When was the last time you went to an outdoor camp and had a great time?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Followed up with the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got an Interview call in a day, phone interviews personal and technical. Got to know the result in a day.

Interview Question – Knowledge about the company's products in detail   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Question – What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews follow by a written test. The phone interviews were mainly about what you have learned as well as some math/stats/CS questions followed by questions time for the interviewers.

Interview Question – Nothing particular was extremely difficult. Make sure you know what you have learned and a good knowledge in SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The intern rate is fixed. Nothing to negotiate about.

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Question – How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were a phone screening the first week at first, then followed with a 35 mins phone interview asking questions, such as how do you fix a computer problem? Why do you want to work for thomson Reuters? Then the third week comes with a on site interview, expecting 3 to 4 hours for this one, including a tour, two session interviews.

Interview Question – Fairly easy   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met them first at the university career fair. And got an on campus interview at maverick the company which works close with thomson. There 3 interviewers asked about some personality questions, previous projects and some cs questions but not difficult. Some basic knowledge in data structure. Did not write any code. One design question. About pet shop. They later emailed me to there onsite interview in MN.

Interview Question – Describe how u would design a object in java for a pet shop. Some thing like that..   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was selected for telephonic Interview through college career fair . The questions are pretty easy but my preparation was not good.

Some of the questions : 1. In a vector how you count the occurrence of each of the element
2. Asked about sorting and one with the best complexity,,, ?? I answered w.r.t merge sort
3. Asked about searching an element in a b tree

Interview Question – Questions weren't tough but i took lot of time in answering so I got a reject   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details – Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

Negotiation Details – All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!