Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdynia (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Gdynia (Poland)) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard knowledge test and then a 45 minutes talk with team leader I was going to be assigned to, everything in english, people were very nice, questions were designed to highlight who I am and what what have i done so far, also what do I want to do in the future, very good atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Would youo consider getting a PHD?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was an anonymous referral, didn't even give a name of the person who refereed me in the case I turn down the position. Honestly I didn't even interview, I was lead around the building and shown a Starbucks, I brought up some previous experience as we walked and talked about the company. I have 0 experience in finance although position is paid 2 month training then temp to hire after. not a bad gig but really low pay contract position with bad benefits. 12hr non negotiable, really min wage if you pay for benefits, but its free training and after training you can go to intuit or another firm and make 20hr with limited experience. I sat with someone doing phone support for about 20 minuets asked some questions got a overall feel for what I'd be doing. It was a good experience overall, manager was nice I could see myself working with him.

If you're offered and in school or just graduated take the offer regardless of pay, you cant beat paid training. Job period is only a few months, then you acquire knowledge about business taxes and a extremely popular tax software that just about every large firm uses. Half of the job is sitting in a classroom other half is on phone support.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experiences with taxes?   1 Answer

Thomson Reuters Response

May 19, 2015Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your contract interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

You will have a written technical and aptitude test (will also ask you to write code) as round 1.
    shortlisted folks go through a technical interview round (a serious interview, in my case it took 1 hour), will ask you to write code, basic questions are same as others.
    Then at last you'll have a HR round same as others.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...

Intern Interview

Interview

HR interview as a first phase, later had a quick interview with the hiring manager. It also included a quick exercise on English skills both writing and speaking.HR interview as a first phase, later had a quick interview with the hiring manager. It also included a quick exercise on English skills both writing and speaking.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly based on previous experience and background   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for a Software Engineer Intern position online, through their website. I received a phone interview from a member of their technical staff (without prior warning). The interviewer was friendly and asked questions about object-oriented programming and my background. One-two weeks later I received an invitation to come to an onsite interview. Unfortunately, I was asked to pay for my own travel and accommodation for the interview, which I couldn't afford. I had to turn down the interview invite and so I could no longer be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pros and cons of multiple inheritance in C++   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Hiring process was simple:
    1. HR team connects with you through email with regards to openings for internship within the firm, and discusses with you about your interest
    2. If you are interested in any of the available roles, HR will set-up an interview with the hiring manager. On most occasion this would be a F2F interview. Due to personal reasons, I was interview only through the phone.
    3. Asked of some of the common competency based questions during the phone interview. Briefed about the job scope of the role.
    4. Before the end of the phone interview, was told by the hiring manager that she has decided to take me in.
    5. Formal email from the HR came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with VBA? Give me examples of your VBA projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. Went into the internship without knowing of my monthly salary. Eventually, I was shocked at how badly I was paid below the market rate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Straight forward resume questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

Negotiation

All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included