Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met them first at the university career fair. And got an on campus interview at maverick the company which works close with thomson. There 3 interviewers asked about some personality questions, previous projects and some cs questions but not difficult. Some basic knowledge in data structure. Did not write any code. One design question. About pet shop. They later emailed me to there onsite interview in MN.

Interview Question – Describe how u would design a object in java for a pet shop. Some thing like that..   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

Interview Details – submitted resume via career fair, got call in few days. Process involved telephonic interview and then they asked me to visit their office in Eagan

Interview Questions

• Find duplicate characters in a string   View Answer
  • Generic discussion about past projects, thier work and projects etc. Few language specific question on Java and SQL   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They weren't flexible (atleast for internship)

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Interview Details – Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

Negotiation Details – All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Interview Question – What may be the future threats for TR business?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Question – What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Followed up with the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got an Interview call in a day, phone interviews personal and technical. Got to know the result in a day.

Interview Question – Knowledge about the company's products in detail   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty normal. Behavioral, then case interview. Nothing I really oculd've prepared for

Interview Question – When was the last time you went to an outdoor camp and had a great time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters