Thomson Reuters

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Met them first at the university career fair. And got an on campus interview at maverick the company which works close with thomson. There 3 interviewers asked about some personality questions, previous projects and some cs questions but not difficult. Some basic knowledge in data structure. Did not write any code. One design question. About pet shop. They later emailed me to there onsite interview in MN.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how u would design a object in java for a pet shop. Some thing like that..   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Submitted resume through University Career Center. Then was offered an interview at the career center. Asked about past jobs- what I liked and what I didn't like. Asked why this internship? Then was asked a series of questions regarding how to solve different problems on a computer. How to find a file that you misplaced. Ask what was a recent problem I had with some type of technology and how did you solve it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you step- by -step troubleshoot the problem if you could not get your printer to print.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

submitted resume via career fair, got call in few days. Process involved telephonic interview and then they asked me to visit their office in Eagan

Interview Questions
    • Find duplicate characters in a string   View Answer
    • Generic discussion about past projects, thier work and projects etc. Few language specific question on Java and SQL   Answer Question
    They weren't flexible (atleast for internship)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring process was simple:
    1. HR team connects with you through email with regards to openings for internship within the firm, and discusses with you about your interest
    2. If you are interested in any of the available roles, HR will set-up an interview with the hiring manager. On most occasion this would be a F2F interview. Due to personal reasons, I was interview only through the phone.
    3. Asked of some of the common competency based questions during the phone interview. Briefed about the job scope of the role.
    4. Before the end of the phone interview, was told by the hiring manager that she has decided to take me in.
    5. Formal email from the HR came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Are you good with VBA? Give me examples of your VBA projects.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever. Went into the internship without knowing of my monthly salary. Eventually, I was shocked at how badly I was paid below the market rate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Deputy chief and chief editor interviewed me in person in their daily meeting room and the process was really smooth and enjoyable. They simply asked me several basic questions and ask my available time. They are extremely nice.

Interview Questions
    • the whole name list of the Standing Committee in China   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

2 interviews, one with HR and the other with the business manager of the division you expressed interest / will be assigned to

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros and cons of the different research methods there are   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Followed up with the recruiter through LinkedIn. Got an Interview call in a day, phone interviews personal and technical. Got to know the result in a day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2011.

Most questions were straightforward about my knowledge of finance and capital markets and my previous work experience. Then there was the usual question of why do you want to work for us. I got a call back within 2 weeks and got the job.

All i got was a basic salary, parking and healthcare benefits. No bonus or commission included

Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2011.

The interview was pretty normal. Behavioral, then case interview. Nothing I really oculd've prepared for

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you went to an outdoor camp and had a great time?   Answer Question