Thomson Reuters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in Jan 2012.
I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and the interview was about 1 hour with couple of questions in Java/J2EE. I was then invited for on-site interview. In on-site, i was asked to design and write few programs in algorithms and data structures.

Overall, the whole interview process was a great experience. The company has some really great engineers and working on challenging problems and I will love to work with them in future if our paths cross again.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything to be really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but i did undersell myself. Since i was getting way less salary in my previous company, i quoted atleast 10000 less than what i supposed to get. SO, that means, overall i lost 10000 dollars. I advice everyone to check how much they should get and negotiate close enough.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – You will have an initial phone interview by HR. Then you will be invited to interview with the hiring manager, director, possibly a few other peer managers. If they like you then you could be invited back to interview for other positions open. I ended up getting the 3rd job I applied for within this company, which I liked the best

Interview Question – Very basic and standard questions were used. Nothing out from left field. Just be prepared to discuss you work experience, strengthens, weaknesses, why you want to work for the company, how you handle stress, special projects you worked on, etc   Answer Question

Product Usage Representative Interview

Product Usage Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

Interview Details – submitted resume twice while on contract assignment. Interviewed on first application, nothing on 2nd I was told ny position posted may be sending a counterpart to rep in another state when I inquired from direct supervisor on my application status

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – There were 5 interviews: an HR screen, hiring manager, 1 potential peer, head of the domestic business, head of the global business. 3 of the 5 interviews were conducted by phone. The final round was a mock pitch by phone for 20 minutes. This occurred over a two week period. After the pitch, the hiring manager called to make the offer, followed by a call by HR to confirm.

Interview Question – Mock pitch to senior management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although I tried, there was no negotiation. They suggested this salary was above the peer group at the firm.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was very rigorous, they really want to make sure you are the right fit. You will be asked questions that require you to think on your feet. You will first get a phone interview. This will be followed by an in person two stage interview. Questions in both sections are very different, one is about your knowledge and one is about how you may fit into the organization.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Marketer Interview

Marketer

I applied online and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Question – Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – lots of interviews but then go silent. Have posted then un-posted many jobs. Also they frequently hire from within and usually already have candidates but they post jobs and interview anyway.

Contractor Position Interview

Contractor Position

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – This was for a temporary contractor position with potential to become permanent after a few months. The interview process consisted of an intitial phone Interview and then an In-Person Interview.

Interview Question – Questions were focused on how you would handle a given challenge that the company/department was currently facing.   View Answer

Director PMO Interview

Director PMO
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple: first screening via phone, 2 rounds of 1:1 and then offer and negotiation. The entire process took about 4 weeks from first call to end; simple, easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – Easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy and straightforward

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Carrollton, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interviewer offered me a job immediately, little did I know how unqualified he was as a Senior Intergration Manager-Shared Platform. The questions were not based on my experience. He was not a good interviewer and spoke poorly of company.

Interview Question – Was a an illegal alien.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters interview questions and advice. All 511 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.