Thomson Reuters

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was a phone interview. It was supposed to be from the Technical Manager but apparently he was busy and some one from the team called. They did not even introduce themselves properly and started asking questions right away. Started asking about why I applied this job/my strengths. Felt like a company who does not value or take time to interview right people. Jumped into technical questions and was rushing to complete the interview.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Applied online and got a 30min phone interview. Mostly questions about past experience and classes, with just a few technical questions. Interviewer was a bit awkward to talk to, but was otherwise very nice.

Summer Media Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I found the opportunity through my college job database and applied through there. The interview process was only one stage and was done through Skype since I was interviewing for an office in Asia. It was with a junior producer and the senior producer who is an alum at my school. The questions were mostly behavioral with some random questions such as "What are the names of the HK and Japanese stock exchange?" It helped to go through the previous few days' news as they also asked about what you thought were several big recent news stories.

Interview Questions
    There was nothing to negotiate regarding pay as my school was the one compensating me for my time. They were pretty flexible in regards to start and end dates for the internship.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied One week and was called back the next week. We did a phone screen and then a week later a 45min phone interview which I felt went great I was qualified for the job and had experience however I never received an offer a decline OR a phone call back for an in person interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

Interviewers were on-time and professional. I was interviewed by two Regional Sales Managers whom both asked questions. They followed a standard and consistent format. They both were engaged and straight forward regarding expectations and company culture and work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions related to explain prior jobs, successes on those jobs as well as challenges. Ask situational based questions and solutions regarding prior job related experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were conducted during the interview. Salaries were defined and discussed with Human Resources.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

The interview is very focused on the degree courses selected with emphasis on Databases and Algorithms. I enjoyed the interview process with questions that provoked one to think. The HR folks were very responsive and helped complete all the necessary paperwork. Brush up on your database knowledge before going for the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

joint campus hiring it was. 1st round was an aptitude test which was really tough followed by technical interview, which was moderate and finally hr interview which was easy and HRs were friendly.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

See their ad posted every month they seem to be hiring? Phone screen by recruiter, f2f with managers, phone role play. Managers had scripted questions and was told I may be asked to call back for a phone sales role play they emailed me an outline and some products and called me back.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you,.....sales process questions   Answer Question

Looked like a churn and burn

Attorney Editor Interview

The interview involved questions about problem solving, how you deal with problems/people, your background and past experience with Westlaw. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. It was with a principal attorney editor and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with someone difficult and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary was set.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Applied online and received phone call for interview. Had initial interview with HR representative with basic "why do you want to work here/tell me about yourself" questions. Next, there's a mock sales call with a current sales rep to test phone/selling skills. Following this, was offered an on-site interview which is a 4 hour process to meet with various sales managers and get an understanding of the job. Sales manager questions were fairly straight-forward, "explain a situation in which you had to work with others on a difficult task/explain how you were a leader when faced with adversity, etc." Received a call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember the most difficult question. Not a terribly difficult interview process, but not a cakewalk either. Understand SPIN selling technique and be able to apply it to prior sales situations.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. All reps start with same salary/benefits.