Thomson Reuters

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied One week and was called back the next week. We did a phone screen and then a week later a 45min phone interview which I felt went great I was qualified for the job and had experience however I never received an offer a decline OR a phone call back for an in person interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

Interviewers were on-time and professional. I was interviewed by two Regional Sales Managers whom both asked questions. They followed a standard and consistent format. They both were engaged and straight forward regarding expectations and company culture and work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions related to explain prior jobs, successes on those jobs as well as challenges. Ask situational based questions and solutions regarding prior job related experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were conducted during the interview. Salaries were defined and discussed with Human Resources.

Software Engineer Interview

joint campus hiring it was. 1st round was an aptitude test which was really tough followed by technical interview, which was moderate and finally hr interview which was easy and HRs were friendly.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

See their ad posted every month they seem to be hiring? Phone screen by recruiter, f2f with managers, phone role play. Managers had scripted questions and was told I may be asked to call back for a phone sales role play they emailed me an outline and some products and called me back.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you,.....sales process questions   Answer Question

Looked like a churn and burn

Attorney Editor Interview

The interview involved questions about problem solving, how you deal with problems/people, your background and past experience with Westlaw. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. It was with a principal attorney editor and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with someone difficult and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary was set.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Applied online and received phone call for interview. Had initial interview with HR representative with basic "why do you want to work here/tell me about yourself" questions. Next, there's a mock sales call with a current sales rep to test phone/selling skills. Following this, was offered an on-site interview which is a 4 hour process to meet with various sales managers and get an understanding of the job. Sales manager questions were fairly straight-forward, "explain a situation in which you had to work with others on a difficult task/explain how you were a leader when faced with adversity, etc." Received a call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember the most difficult question. Not a terribly difficult interview process, but not a cakewalk either. Understand SPIN selling technique and be able to apply it to prior sales situations.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. All reps start with same salary/benefits.

Global Compliance Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I was referred internally. Everyone at the company was very welcoming and kind, and the hiring manager was very upfront with his expectations and his questions. He was also very interested in how my background related to the position, and allowed me to explain my unique career path. Knowledge of a foreign language is helpful.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied online. From the time the recruiter contacted me, he process took two weeks. There was 3 phone screens and an in person interview. Everyone was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you implemented a large change.   Answer Question

Photographer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I see the post on the forum and try to contact the photographer myself, and he is kind of hiring an assistant for himself, since he cannot speak Korean. And it is just a 20 minutes face to face with him, he interviewed about 20 people that day.

Interview Questions
    • You know there is a protest in an area, and government cut all the internet around there, How to find out how serious the protest is?   Answer Question

Global Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied directly to a posting on the website and was called within a few days by HR for a phone screening. Afterwards, I went in for an initial interview with people that were previously in the role. After passing that, I went in to meet with the Global Business Directors. I met with 3 of them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions about my background, asking me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted the position, if I have ever been in a difficult situation and how I handled it. It was all pretty textbook.   Answer Question