Thomson Reuters

519 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – There were 5 interviews: an HR screen, hiring manager, 1 potential peer, head of the domestic business, head of the global business. 3 of the 5 interviews were conducted by phone. The final round was a mock pitch by phone for 20 minutes. This occurred over a two week period. After the pitch, the hiring manager called to make the offer, followed by a call by HR to confirm.

Interview Question – Mock pitch to senior management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although I tried, there was no negotiation. They suggested this salary was above the peer group at the firm.

Contractor Position Interview

Contractor Position

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – This was for a temporary contractor position with potential to become permanent after a few months. The interview process consisted of an intitial phone Interview and then an In-Person Interview.

Interview Question – Questions were focused on how you would handle a given challenge that the company/department was currently facing.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director PMO Interview

Director PMO
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple: first screening via phone, 2 rounds of 1:1 and then offer and negotiation. The entire process took about 4 weeks from first call to end; simple, easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – Easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy and straightforward

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Carrollton, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interviewer offered me a job immediately, little did I know how unqualified he was as a Senior Intergration Manager-Shared Platform. The questions were not based on my experience. He was not a good interviewer and spoke poorly of company.

Interview Question – Was a an illegal alien.   View Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Initial communications with HR was very slow and at times unresponsive. The first interview they flew out to see me, second interview they paid to fly me out to their home office for an interview. No overnight was required because it was a short flight.

Interview Question – There were not unexpected questions, but I did have to provide a training session on a product, and they allowed me to choose the product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were easy with no problems.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Senior Network Engineer
Creve Coeur, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Standard interview spoke with recruiter first then I person with hiring mgr. came back for second interview was given an offer after that. To my ever lasting regret I accepted.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details – I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Interview Question – Not difficult if you know your self well.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2014.

Interview Details – I found the listing on glassdoor and applied through the Thomson Reuters website on a Tuesday morning. I received an email within about an hour requesting a pre-screen phone interview, which we set up for the next day. The phone interview consisted of very typical questions and a summary of the role with one of their Talent Acquisition Specialists. At the end of the phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for Friday afternoon. The interview lasted about an hour. It was a behavioral interview with two of the sales managers. Pretty standard questions. Monday morning I received a call that they wanted to set up a second Role Play interview. We set up the interview for Wednesday afternoon and I was given some information about the products and scenarios to study. After the role play, where I carried out a sales call with of the hiring managers, they had me assess myself and we went over any final questions. I received a call the next morning just before 8am letting me know they wanted to make an offer. The process was very quick and easy, although I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview and role play, so it might be more difficult if not properly prepared.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were creative in order to make your quota. What do you like most/least about sales?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Eagan, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process,and very well-spoken history of success in their industry, The whole interview process involved not only my direct-report manager, but also the segments we would be supporting, as well as 2 in senior management.

Interview Question – When did you turn around a process that was previously a challenge to the company? What steps and thought processes did you take to make that happen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very cut-to-the chase - didn't negotiate back & forth. Salary was a take-it-or leave it offer.