Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

2.9

Global Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Initial interview was a phone screen followed by a telepresence interview and then onsite interview with CTO followed by the offer. The process was fast and quick. The questions were technical and leadership questions.

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring is first screened by HR so it is helpful to include specific information about how you would be a good candidate for the job you are applying for in your cover letter, along with listing all relevant work experience on your resume, to be sure it is then forwarded on to the hiring manager. Typically a phone interview is first. Be engaging, and upbeat. Next is the in person interview. Support teams are looking for a team player, someone who isn't afraid to help out/is available to help. Often it comes down to relevant experience and how you handled yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Usually a specific scripting question or a linux question to try and gage your knowledge of the application or architecture.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

2 interviews. One is behavior, with 4 interviewers from the same team. They asked about my resume, related courses and relevant experience. The second round is technical interview. It takes half an hour and most questions are about Excel, VBA and SQL.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

You will have an initial phone interview by HR. Then you will be invited to interview with the hiring manager, director, possibly a few other peer managers. If they like you then you could be invited back to interview for other positions open. I ended up getting the 3rd job I applied for within this company, which I liked the best

Interview Questions
    • Very basic and standard questions were used. Nothing out from left field. Just be prepared to discuss you work experience, strengthens, weaknesses, why you want to work for the company, how you handle stress, special projects you worked on, etc   Answer Question

Marketer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question
    When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2014.

Online preinterview questions of topics including Python, SQL, Finance, Math. Examples are 1."Do you consider yourself to be good with numbers, quantitative analysis, or scripting languages?", or 2."Using at least 10 words describe your attention to detail."

Interview Questions
    • In Python, using "map", "sum" and other built-in functions I will write one line of code to compute the cumulative sum of a list "vector"   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2014.

One phone interview with recruiter and one phone interview with hiring manager. I felt both phone interviews went well. Nothing difficult. Talked mostly about my experiences. Both recruiter and interviewer were pleasant and friendly. I felt I was an exact match for the role considering I fulfilled all the job requirements and qualifications, so I was extremely disappointed when the next day I got the generic "I regret to inform you..." email. It would have been courteous of the recruiter to call or email me directly to provide me with some feedback. Not sure what to think went wrong here.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

lots of interviews but then go silent. Have posted then un-posted many jobs. Also they frequently hire from within and usually already have candidates but they post jobs and interview anyway.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

There were 5 interviews: an HR screen, hiring manager, 1 potential peer, head of the domestic business, head of the global business. 3 of the 5 interviews were conducted by phone. The final round was a mock pitch by phone for 20 minutes. This occurred over a two week period. After the pitch, the hiring manager called to make the offer, followed by a call by HR to confirm.

Interview Questions
    Although I tried, there was no negotiation. They suggested this salary was above the peer group at the firm.

Contractor Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

This was for a temporary contractor position with potential to become permanent after a few months. The interview process consisted of an intitial phone Interview and then an In-Person Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were focused on how you would handle a given challenge that the company/department was currently facing.   View Answer