Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Interview was based on past experience. How much knowledge we have on Automation tools. How many years of work experience on QC and Jira. How we coordinate with off shore teams. what are our weakness and strength

Interview Questions

• What is the automation tools used in the previous work place? How many years have you worked with QC and Jira   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2015.

Interview

I had to complete a pre-recorded interview as a prerequisite. I was then asked to a first round of phone interviews where I had to two 30-minute interviews back to back. The first was a newer employee in Business strategy (a newer section within Thomson Reuters) and the second interviewer was a bit more experienced. I was not asked back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Pre-recorded interview: Define customer service. What company do you think offers excellent customer service and why? Why Thomson Reuters? What do you know about Thomson Reuters? The phone interviews were much less specific and basically was asked to walk them through my resume.   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great. For the first round interview, you chat with their HR representative. The interview was straight forward and easy going. Only the types of questions you would anticipate. They really just want to get to know you and see if you are a right fit for the position and whether you understand the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? Why Thomson? Why makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question

May 19, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Senior Manager Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

HR screen call, Hiring Director videoconference, HR Director call, local VP live interview, Final feedback was given via phone by original HR recruiter/screener, and it was poorly conceived and delivered.

Interview Questions

• Centered on dynamic changing environment   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Job In Media, PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Media, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Normal interview process. I was not able to get the initial position I applied for. The person that screen me for the initial job then did a referral for another position. It didn't seem right

Interview Questions

• Normal questions/ Mostly about how they wanted to jack my salary down 30K I had a total of 4 phone interviews   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Compliance Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I participated two rounds of interviews. The first round was a phone screening interview by a recruiter. The second round was a phone interview by a potential supervisor and a colleague. The supervisor conducted the interview. Following the second interview, there was a written assessment related to this position's day-to-day work.

Interview Questions

• The screening interview just confirmed some of my background.   Answer Question
    • The phone interview with the potential supervisor involved some standardized interview questions, most of which can be found online.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. First there was a general interview with the department manager, and then a technical focused interview second with the technical team lead.After those the background check was ran and when that came back ok, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome aboard!

Reference Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Brief phone interview relaying the job requirements. Then I had an interview with 2 hiring managers, one of whom took notes and the other asked scripted questions. I then observed a reference attorney take a client phone call and interact with the client. Then, I was interviewed by 2 different managers, again one taking notes, asking me about my observations of the reference attorney call. I was then given an "administrative" introduction to the way that timekeeping works and PTO requests. The total interview took approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time, interest and participation in the interview process along with your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and laid back. I first had a phone interview and then an onsite. Toured the facility, met the team, and had three sets of interviews. The interview lasted about 3-4 hours total. They took around 3-4 weeks to reply and had plenty of time to decide.

Interview Questions

• Find an element in a sorted array in log(n)   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your review.

Software Engineer Java Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Entire process of interview was of 2 weeks. I could not make it earlier than that or else the process would have been in less than 10 days then. Two rounds: 1 technical phone interview, 2 Skype interview for 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• In the 1st interview there was all sorts of questions from Java, J2EE, Web Service, SQL, Database and at last a Pseudo code writing. In the 2nd interview, it was discussion about background as well as a Data Modelling question solving.   1 Answer
    • What is ORM, Where would you use AJAX?   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your feed back.