Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Reference Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Brief phone interview relaying the job requirements. Then I had an interview with 2 hiring managers, one of whom took notes and the other asked scripted questions. I then observed a reference attorney take a client phone call and interact with the client. Then, I was interviewed by 2 different managers, again one taking notes, asking me about my observations of the reference attorney call. I was then given an "administrative" introduction to the way that timekeeping works and PTO requests. The total interview took approximately 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 30, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time, interest and participation in the interview process along with your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and laid back. I first had a phone interview and then an onsite. Toured the facility, met the team, and had three sets of interviews. The interview lasted about 3-4 hours total. They took around 3-4 weeks to reply and had plenty of time to decide.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 30, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your review.

Software Engineer Java Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Entire process of interview was of 2 weeks. I could not make it earlier than that or else the process would have been in less than 10 days then. Two rounds: 1 technical phone interview, 2 Skype interview for 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• In the 1st interview there was all sorts of questions from Java, J2EE, Web Service, SQL, Database and at last a Pseudo code writing. In the 2nd interview, it was discussion about background as well as a Data Modelling question solving.   1 Answer
    • What is ORM, Where would you use AJAX?   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your feed back.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Met at a University Career Fair. On site interview was with a dozen other interviewees. The people were very polite and welcoming, and seemed to have a positive view of their work culture. Met with four groups of people. No formal "technical" part; just verbally quizzed me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 3, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Lead Software Engineer - Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone interview a couple days after I applied to the position. I was initially called by HR. She asked questions about my work experience and agile development experience. Then she talked to the hiring manager. They were looking for someone who had experience leading a team using the Agile development methodology. If you have experience using the Agile methodology, let them know and be able to describe an example when you used it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you used the Agile methodology.   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time and participation in the interview process along with your review.

Marketing Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with an HR person and a marketing person. They were both very friendly and helpful. It was more of a two-way conversation rather than being bombarded with questions. It is up to the interviewee to ask for potential positions in the company and leave with something valuable at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is our biggest enemy? What differentiates us from our competitors? What makes our platforms easier to use than that of our competitors? What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a few phone interviews - they asked what the three qualities that described me, asked me to go through each job that I've had, they gave me situational and behavioral questions to answer, they also gave me an overview of the job as well as the work environment

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to control a situation and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple and laid back--I was interviewed by three different individuals in one gentleman's borrowed office. The New York office seems slightly (read: very) disorganized. Afterwards we grabbed a quick bite to eat.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my background and experience and asked questions surrounding this   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given no chance to negotiate--it was take it or leave it.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First interview was by phone and it was a nice candid conversation. The second was meeting the same person who interviewed me about 3 weeks prior and the lead for the team in their office in Times Square. Lovely office space and seemed like a great place to work. Unfortunately the software they posted I would be utilizing they no longer had the licensing for so that dropped me right out of the running when they changed the program.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 31, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your time and participation in the interview process along with your feedback.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First round is a telephonic interview round.
    After that onsite interview round in different departments like Database, Java etc and based on your experience and knowledge you are selected in one of them

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Java. Collections, link list in java etc. Also asked about Java projects   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process.