Thomson Reuters

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Had 1:1 interviews with the group I was supposed to work with if I got the job. I went through about 4 rounds, 2 rounds with colleagues, 1 round with the hiriing manager, and ending with the Managing Director of the group. After the final round, I had to follow up with the hiring manager after I hadn't heard back in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All standard interview and behavioral questions
      Ex: What is your greatest strength, how would you contribute to the team, etc

Answer Question
    HR are bullies when you try to negotiate especially if you are not exec mgmt and a female. I did my research on competitive salaries and the HR person i negotiated with lied to me. Better to negotiate with your hiring manager and skip HR

Business Technology Interview

Initial Phone screen, followed by phone interview, and then on site interview. Phone screen is 15 minutes and really basic. The phone interview was about 45 min to an hour and asking about your history and past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • not many difficult questions. Lots of situational questions regarding customer service and tough experiences.   View Answer

hours and pay were not ideal

Financial Analyst Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer was silent in between questions which made it really difficult to continue talking or gauge how long of an answer she was looking for. It seemed like they were looking for candidates with a good amount of prior experience and/or an MBA. This is definitely not the place to apply for a first internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me the 2008 financial crisis.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Basic questions about software and databases. Generally it was a fair and simple interview process that involved talking to five people on site over about 2 hours. The employees focuses on current project work and what needed to be done and asked questions about how you would solve some of the problems that they have. It was an ok process that was good for discussion and getting to know the people that work there.

Consultant Interview

Took about a month. Questions about your resume and previous job experience. Questions regarding why the position would be a good fit for you. Repeat what the position entails. Talk about your a challenge you had and how did you solve it.

Global Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Initial interview was a phone screen followed by a telepresence interview and then onsite interview with CTO followed by the offer. The process was fast and quick. The questions were technical and leadership questions.

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Hiring is first screened by HR so it is helpful to include specific information about how you would be a good candidate for the job you are applying for in your cover letter, along with listing all relevant work experience on your resume, to be sure it is then forwarded on to the hiring manager. Typically a phone interview is first. Be engaging, and upbeat. Next is the in person interview. Support teams are looking for a team player, someone who isn't afraid to help out/is available to help. Often it comes down to relevant experience and how you handled yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Usually a specific scripting question or a linux question to try and gage your knowledge of the application or architecture.   Answer Question

Market Risk Analyst Interview

2 interviews. One is behavior, with 4 interviewers from the same team. They asked about my resume, related courses and relevant experience. The second round is technical interview. It takes half an hour and most questions are about Excel, VBA and SQL.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

You will have an initial phone interview by HR. Then you will be invited to interview with the hiring manager, director, possibly a few other peer managers. If they like you then you could be invited back to interview for other positions open. I ended up getting the 3rd job I applied for within this company, which I liked the best

Interview Questions
    • Very basic and standard questions were used. Nothing out from left field. Just be prepared to discuss you work experience, strengthens, weaknesses, why you want to work for the company, how you handle stress, special projects you worked on, etc   Answer Question

Marketer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question
    When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.