Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was supposed to be from the Technical Manager but apparently he was busy and some one from the team called. They did not even introduce themselves properly and started asking questions right away. Started asking about why I applied this job/my strengths. Felt like a company who does not value or take time to interview right people. Jumped into technical questions and was rushing to complete the interview.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I found the process to be direct, comprehensive, informative and much quicker than many places. Seemed to have all the moving parts but only those necessary to accomplish the task. The interviewers were friendly but intent on getting the information they needed to make an intelligent decision. They were very positive about their experience at the company and making certain that I had enough of the historical data about the company to make me want to join.

Interview Questions

• What positions and organizational levels have you filled positions for in the last 2 years?   Answer Question

Summer Media Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I found the opportunity through my college job database and applied through there. The interview process was only one stage and was done through Skype since I was interviewing for an office in Asia. It was with a junior producer and the senior producer who is an alum at my school. The questions were mostly behavioral with some random questions such as "What are the names of the HK and Japanese stock exchange?" It helped to go through the previous few days' news as they also asked about what you thought were several big recent news stories.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate regarding pay as my school was the one compensating me for my time. They were pretty flexible in regards to start and end dates for the internship.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Applied online and got a 30min phone interview. Mostly questions about past experience and classes, with just a few technical questions. Interviewer was a bit awkward to talk to, but was otherwise very nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied One week and was called back the next week. We did a phone screen and then a week later a 45min phone interview which I felt went great I was qualified for the job and had experience however I never received an offer a decline OR a phone call back for an in person interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewers were on-time and professional. I was interviewed by two Regional Sales Managers whom both asked questions. They followed a standard and consistent format. They both were engaged and straight forward regarding expectations and company culture and work environment.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions related to explain prior jobs, successes on those jobs as well as challenges. Ask situational based questions and solutions regarding prior job related experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were conducted during the interview. Salaries were defined and discussed with Human Resources.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The process was very disorganized. I had to follow up with the recruiter many times, and overall I had a bad feeling about the company - and should have listened to my gut. I also tried to bring 2 people in, and each had horrible interview experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is very focused on the degree courses selected with emphasis on Databases and Algorithms. I enjoyed the interview process with questions that provoked one to think. The HR folks were very responsive and helped complete all the necessary paperwork. Brush up on your database knowledge before going for the interview.

Attorney Editor Interview

Interview

The interview involved questions about problem solving, how you deal with problems/people, your background and past experience with Westlaw. The interview lasted around 20 minutes. It was with a principal attorney editor and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with someone difficult and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary was set.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

joint campus hiring it was. 1st round was an aptitude test which was really tough followed by technical interview, which was moderate and finally hr interview which was easy and HRs were friendly.