Thomson Reuters

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2014.

One phone interview with recruiter and one phone interview with hiring manager. I felt both phone interviews went well. Nothing difficult. Talked mostly about my experiences. Both recruiter and interviewer were pleasant and friendly. I felt I was an exact match for the role considering I fulfilled all the job requirements and qualifications, so I was extremely disappointed when the next day I got the generic "I regret to inform you..." email. It would have been courteous of the recruiter to call or email me directly to provide me with some feedback. Not sure what to think went wrong here.

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2014.

Online preinterview questions of topics including Python, SQL, Finance, Math. Examples are 1."Do you consider yourself to be good with numbers, quantitative analysis, or scripting languages?", or 2."Using at least 10 words describe your attention to detail."

Interview Questions
    • In Python, using "map", "sum" and other built-in functions I will write one line of code to compute the cumulative sum of a list "vector"   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

lots of interviews but then go silent. Have posted then un-posted many jobs. Also they frequently hire from within and usually already have candidates but they post jobs and interview anyway.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

There were 5 interviews: an HR screen, hiring manager, 1 potential peer, head of the domestic business, head of the global business. 3 of the 5 interviews were conducted by phone. The final round was a mock pitch by phone for 20 minutes. This occurred over a two week period. After the pitch, the hiring manager called to make the offer, followed by a call by HR to confirm.

Interview Questions
    Although I tried, there was no negotiation. They suggested this salary was above the peer group at the firm.

Contractor Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

This was for a temporary contractor position with potential to become permanent after a few months. The interview process consisted of an intitial phone Interview and then an In-Person Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were focused on how you would handle a given challenge that the company/department was currently facing.   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Training Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Initial communications with HR was very slow and at times unresponsive. The first interview they flew out to see me, second interview they paid to fly me out to their home office for an interview. No overnight was required because it was a short flight.

Interview Questions
    • There were not unexpected questions, but I did have to provide a training session on a product, and they allowed me to choose the product.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were easy with no problems.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Standard interview spoke with recruiter first then I person with hiring mgr. came back for second interview was given an offer after that. To my ever lasting regret I accepted.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I first had a 15 minute phone screening with an HR representative. The questions were general ones about my background. 2 weeks later I had a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. She was very nice and friendly, most of the questions were behavioral: asking me about difficult situations, etc. 2 weeks later I had a 30 minute phone interview with her colleague. We mostly discussed my background. I was pretty confident and thought I had done well on all of my interviews. After a week and a half of not hearing anything, I emailed the hiring manager to check in on the status. I never received a response from her, and 2 weeks after that I received a form rejection email.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2014.

I did this process through my school, and it was a very conversational style interview. It was with two people and the questions were typical behavioral questions, questions on my resume, telling me about the position, etc.