Thomson Reuters Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Proposal Writer/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Total: 2+ months. Initial phone screen/interview with HR representative. Several days later, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with 2 hiring managers. I was surprised by how few situation-based questions were asked! The majority of our conversation was ad-hoc. We discussed several points in my resume but also took turns sharing proposal experiences/processes. I was contacted several days later by the hiring manager for writing samples and references. I was asked back for a second round of interviews a few days later. I met with a group of people broken into three interviews with two TR members each. Everyone I met with was kind and enthusiastic. They asked excellent questions and were eager to answer my own as well. Shortly after, I was contacted again to take a writing/RFP analysis test.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?   Answer Question
    • When handling multiple projects, do you prefer to focus on one until it's done, or do work on all at the same time?   1 Answer
    • What would your colleagues say about you?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job, and what led you to TR?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about an accomplishment that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Data Specialist Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applyed online. A few day later I received a e:mail with a question when I'm gonna be able for a phone interview. I arranged the interview for 2 day later. Very quick interview, no more than 10 min. Questions about my background and am I be able do to everything ot the job requirements. After that he said "Next week our hiring manager will call you!" Unfortunately no one called me. I send a coule e:mails and I make I two pone calls but no answear.

Interview Questions

• Which day next week you'll be able to speak with our hiring-manager?   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career. We continually seek feedback and ... More

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Pretty standard questions. You may need to come in multiple times to meet with various interviewers. The process took 2 months from start to finish. You will interview with HR, and at least 3 levels of management, including your potential manager. The questions come from an HR-approved checklist. Standard situation-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Thomson Reuters, Legal Tech, uses an agile framework for software development. Be prepared to discuss applicable agile experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

You interview with three people. It's the phone interview followed by 3 in office interviews. Just come prepared and know what you want to speak about. In general align your skills with the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job during Christmas holidays so i didn't hear back 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview where i was asked my basic knowledge and skill set. Scheduled a in person interview a week later. Super laid back and chill, the hiring manager literally only asked to clarify some things on my resume. And spent the rest of the interview just describing the company and job. Got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Only asked about legal experience and to explain some things on my resume. No direct questions.   Answer Question
    • If i knew Westlaw   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview process was friendly and informative. There was an exchange of a lot of questions. I was as prepared and did quite a bit of research on the company and position so that made the process less stressful. It was a bit difficult to get an idea of the time frame for hiring for the position. It seemed like there were some loose ends on their part.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They wouldn't negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company career site and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and was conducted by a recruiter over the phone. I also had an employee referral so that helped. I found out about the opportunity a few weeks after it was posted so I was a bit too late because it sounded like they had already made a decision on another candidate. The recruiter was very good and said they definitely wanted me to apply again for similar positions and hoped to place me soon. The questions were thorough and focused on my background as well as what they were looking for specifically for the current posting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and then asked to explain a challenge I overcame in my previous position. Talked about what the next steps if I were to proceed with the process would be. Pretty standard interview-type questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A large number of phones calls to people in different locations. At the end I was brought onsite to their NYC office. Met with a number of people, got to see what they are working on, asked questions and that was it. It was extremely disorganized process from top to bottom. In the end they claimed that I did not have certain technical experience that they were looking for. It was made very clear what skills I did and did not have as I have worked in very specific environments in my career. I found it quite odd that at the end of the interview process their claim to not continue was that I was missing certain skills that were explicitly spelled out from the beginning. A complete waste of time for so many people involved.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely nothing technical, just basic questions like how many years have you been using XYZ.   Answer Question