Thomson Reuters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, half an hour of CV review with technical queries about previous work. Second interview with same manager, plus software architect, consisted of 30mins to answers technical questions (written), 30 mins to design & code for a requirement, then the interviewer returned with a software architect for 60 mins discussion of the design/coding exercise followed by general questions.

Interview Question – All questions were really really broad and open initially and then the manager asked more specifically if I didn't talk about the specifics he was interested in.   View Answer

Technical Graduate Interview

Technical Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online . The online application includes questionnaire and education details. Next step wasTelephone HR interview with questions like what do you know about TR? Why you want to work for us? and what are your strengths and weakness. After two weeks got invite to attend the assessment centre. In assessment centre gave a short presentation on a topic that was given prior, a group activity exercise and 1:1 technical interview with the manager.

Interview Question – what is the latest technology that impacts TR business   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went through 5 interviews over 2 sessions. Questions mostly about experience and sales performance.

Interview Question – Please explain the DCF model   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at TR in late December 2013, received an email that said I would have had an telephone interview after one week. Questions were basically motivational / competency based (CV, team work, customer service, problem solving). The positive response happened actually a bit later than 2 weeks. Received a mail that sent me at the Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf in one week.

Interview Question – What may be the future threats for TR business?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Westlaw Student Representative Interview

Westlaw Student Representative
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in a good professional manner. The manager was extremely friendly and the questions asked were relating to my present experience and what I have done in the past years. There were questions asked how I could improve student experiences by using the database.

Interview Question – I felt that I was good at all the questions without any difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good.

Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Finance Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details – First stage was an online application - cover letter and CV. Prompt personal response via email asking me to take part in a telephone interview the next week.

Telephone interview - interview consisted of your knowledge of the company, what they do, who are their customers and challenges that they face. There are also questions giving you the chance to demonstrate your personality such as walk me through your CV and what are you extra curricular activities. Interview lasted about 30 minutes including a chance at the end to ask the interviewer questions about the role and company. Again there was a prompt response in notifying me that I was successful and through to the assessment centre which would happen a month later at their offices in Canary Wharf. A few weeks later we were emailed documents telling us about what the assessment centre would consist of and a presentation that I had to prepare in advance.

All day assessment centre which started off with an Ice breaker session in the morning
2:1 interview which lasted about 45-50 minutes - Interview was again competency based, mainly asking situation questions such as what did you do to improve when you had a communication failure and a lot of questions about teamwork and what part you play in a team, what you do in a situation when priorities change etc.
Next a presentation to a panel of 4 people - given 10 minutes to give present on a topic had been given 2 weeks prior. There was then a chance for the panel to ask further questions on what you had learnt about the company.
shl verbal and numerical reasoning tests - lasted about 20 minutes each. Break - next there was a chance to talk to people from the F&R division over lunch while also preparing for the group task in the afternoon.
Group activity- after lunch were split into groups of about 4. We had 1 hour to make a presentation which was about a new game we would bring to the market, we were given instructions and full briefing of this at the start of the day, To be discussed were issues such as name, how it would be marketed, start up costs etc. We then delivered the presentation and answered follow up questions from a panel of about 10 assessors who were present in the room for the entire activity.
The day was very well organised and enjoyable and all throughout the day there were plenty of people from the company around who were involved in the assessment day as assessors who you could chat to and find out more about TR and the role. Very prompt response again in receiving a call to be offered the job a few days later. In all it I had a positive experience throughout the recruitment process.

Interview Question – - What risks/challenges does TR face?
- What are strengths and weaknesses of a global company like TR?
  Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of initial phone interview, face-to-face going over my CV and secondary face-to-face with hiring mangers manager.

Interview Question – Just covered my CV   Answer Question

Technology Graduate Scheme Interview

Technology Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview, competency based (why do you want to work here, what do you know about us and what products do we offer).

Next Stage - Assessment Centre in Canary Wharf, 1 hour group exercise working on prioritising work in a case study project and giving recommendations on how to handle possible problems and delays. Also required to give a presentation on an assigned question followed by a 1 to 1 interview.

Interview Question – What technology in the recent past has most intrigued you and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Much of work is proprietary and received an offer to work in an area of more interest.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by half day of interviews including one with line manager, one case study and one presentation

Interview Question – Case study: Was given an example project that required scoping and a pretend RFP preparation.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds phone interviews with a HR manager and a senior manager. The last round is a face to face presentation.

Interview Question – Very broad industry questions   Answer Question

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!