Thomson Reuters Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question
When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

5 interviews over 2 months only to find out I did not get the job the day after I was supposed to hear back....by seeing the position listed on Indeed again. What a waste of time and energy. Thanks for jerking me around. I expected more.

Interview Questions
    • There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2012.

Phone interview with HR was followed by 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and one with peer manager and senior level management. Situational questions, pretty standard questions focusing on your resume, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated a bit higher salary but pretty difficult to negotiate much more than that.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2009.

Initial interview with VP of business segment, and facilitated by Senior HR Manager. Second round with the Head of business segment for the Asia Pacific. Third, panel interview with country heads from India, China and Japan. Fourth round with Global Head of Marketing. Assessment on functional skills, management styles, strategy formulation, teamwork/rapport building with different stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of the biggest failure you had in marketing and lessons learnt.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2009.

Interviewed by HR, Marketing, employees who I would supervise, and executives. Multiple phone interviews and face-to-face interviews. Very in-depth and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • We have, for the most part, best practices in the area in which you would supervise. Tell me about something new, that i haven't already heard about.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about handling difficult personalities? How do you go about it? Give examples of instances in which you faced a difficult situation, and how you resolved it,   Answer Question
    Non-existent. Here's our offer; it's approved through the CEO. It won't change. Close to what I wanted, and much more than I was making, so I took it.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!