Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I applied directly to a posting on the website and was called within a few days by HR for a phone screening. Afterwards, I went in for an initial interview with people that were previously in the role. After passing that, I went in to meet with the Global Business Directors. I met with 3 of them.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions about my background, asking me to walk them through my resume, why I wanted the position, if I have ever been in a difficult situation and how I handled it. It was all pretty textbook.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. It began with an initial interview with the HR recruiter which lasted 15 minutes and was a brief introduction discussing my background and why I feel I would be right for the position. This was followed by two conference calls with two managers and a final telepresence interview at the NYC office. I received a satisfactory offer less than 24 hrs after the final interview.

The HR recruiters were very organized and communicated well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no "got you" questions that were asked, just the standard tell me about yourself, why are you applying for the position, and why do you want to work at TR.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I was given the salary range upfront and was offered the high end of it,

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Had a 15 minute phone interview, went well. Got offered in person interview right away. Went in for a 1 hour interview and met with 4 people within the Sales department. First person to interview me asked questions relating to teamwork, facing adversity, etc....other 3 ppl had me ask them questions so knowing about the company, products and market direction were key to know. I made flash cards beforehand and studied but apparently wasn't good enough. The one woman who interviewed me was very terse so it made it hard to have a conversation. I was told I would hear back by a certain date in order to give my current employer 2 weeks notice - I've heard nothing after leaving a vm and email. Good interview practice but a shame it didn't work out well. Their loss.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time when you had to work in a team setting?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2012.

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in Jan 2012.
    I did a phone interview with the hiring manager and the interview was about 1 hour with couple of questions in Java/J2EE. I was then invited for on-site interview. In on-site, i was asked to design and write few programs in algorithms and data structures.

Overall, the whole interview process was a great experience. The company has some really great engineers and working on challenging problems and I will love to work with them in future if our paths cross again.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but i did undersell myself. Since i was getting way less salary in my previous company, i quoted atleast 10000 less than what i supposed to get. SO, that means, overall i lost 10000 dollars. I advice everyone to check how much they should get and negotiate close enough.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

lots of interviews but then go silent. Have posted then un-posted many jobs. Also they frequently hire from within and usually already have candidates but they post jobs and interview anyway.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2010.

One interview with hiring staff.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I went through about 5 interviews, but they were very proficient in the way they went about the process. They wanted to be certain that I was a perfect fit and everything initially worked out.

Interview Questions
    I held out for more vacation time as they were firm on the initial salary. I did get the additional vacation time.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2011.

I did a phone interview with HR as a primary screening. I then went into the office and met with the hiring manager, as well as 2-3 other teams members. I was offered the role soon after. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as the greatest growth market around financial services?   View Answer
    Was a little difficult as the company low balled me at first. Was able to negotiate a better number, but not where I wanted to be at the beginning of the process.

Business Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2014.

Preliminary steps in the process involve completing logic reasoning and math assessment tests online. If you pass those there is a phone interview with a number of behavioral and background questions. If you get accepted for the final stage of the process you have to complete a business assignment several days before going for an interview. The interview is about an hour and a half long and involves a wide array of questions. During the interview they give you the details of a product, which you must create a sales and marketing pitch for. Another component of the interview was a 15-20 minute presentation about why the company should invest in you.

Interview Questions
    • Detail and explain why you are a good investment for the company.
      Create a sales pitch for application X. How will you market the app? Who is your target demographic? How will you price the app? etc.
        Answer Question

Senior Applications Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in December 2010.

This position was presented by a recruiter that found my information online. I had an initial phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview. The interview was with the department head and several UI/UX designers and developers. It was a very smooth and easy interview. They were very interested in someone with both a creative and technical background and were impressed with my portfolio. The position required a lot of background with CSS, which at that point I was a little weak but after my time there I became quite proficient. They were also working on a lot of data-visualization at that point and it was very exciting to be part of that team. The manager was great, she wanted to understand the creative process and ask very nuanced questions. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • It was very straight-forward. No behavioral type questions.   Answer Question
    Problem free.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!