Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

2.4

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

5 interviews over 2 months only to find out I did not get the job the day after I was supposed to hear back....by seeing the position listed on Indeed again. What a waste of time and energy. Thanks for jerking me around. I expected more.

Interview Questions
    • There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Phone screened by the recruiter, followed by two phone interviews with a manager and director leading to an in-person presentation interview with various members of the management team.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected aspect of this interview was that the hiring team didn't fundamentally understand the position in which they were hiring for. Therefore, they didn't understand certain aspects about what was being explained. Very disconcerting...this product will
      ultimately fail.

Answer Question

This unfinished product will ultimately fail against strong competition in the marketplace.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

I interviewed for a recruiting coordinator position in their Philadelphia office. I had a phone screening first followed by an in-person interview. The phone screening was the typical questions, employment history, why are you interested in the position, etc. At the end of the phone screening, she stated that I would be contacted to schedule a in-person interview. Later that day, I received a personalized email from my interviewer attempting to schedule the in-person interview and I responded confirming my availability for the date requested. A few hours later, I received a generic email stating that I was not selected for an in-person interview. Obviously confused, I emailed my interviewer and asked if the generic email was sent in error since she had already scheduled my in-person interview. She never responded. I thought that was very unprofessional considering I was beyond qualified for the position and a simple "yes" you are still invited to the in-person interview or "no" you are not would have been sufficient.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were expected questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2012.

The interview process was very simple: first screening via phone, 2 rounds of 1:1 and then offer and negotiation. The entire process took about 4 weeks from first call to end; simple, easy and straightforward.

Very easy and straightforward

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2009.

Went quickly and efficiently but was looking at an HR role! Was kept updated as i would have expected...

Interview Questions
    The recruiter acted as the "middle man" for thsis. Worked well

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2009.

I was called by a very courteous HR rep who seemed very impressed with my background and interests. The interview, seemingly, went well. She asked a lot of questions and I was well-prepared with the answers,. Toward the end of the interview I must have made a mistake by asking if a lot of people advance through the company with that job, because she seemed to shut down after this question because she stated she wanted people in this job for the long haul. I would stay away from asking advancement questions in your interview with this company, just talk about the present and the job at hand.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this section of this company?   View Answer

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2008.

The interview process was very professional and formal. I was immediately attended too upon arrival and greeted with smiles. An instant connection was made, and I believe that is key during an interview. Connecting face to face and preparedness is amongst one of the most important initial encounters when meeting a potential coworker, regardless if he or she will be working directly with you.